Project "UHAULER"

UHAULER

Explorer
It's Alive !

My dad always told me, measure twice, cut once. I think I measured about 10 times.

Cutting it wasn't that hard, getting it on the truck was kind of challenging. I had my brother and 2 friends over and between the 4 of us we figured out how to get it on the truck. We figured it weighs about 400+ lbs. Right now its on kind of temporary. I left the back drop down section about 2" to long so I could make a nice radius at the back and follow the bodyline down behind the taillights, so eventually it will slide forward about 2". After I get it more permanent I will make a new rear crossmember to match the height of the bed and add a floor, sides,etc. For this weekend I'm just glad its on the truck.

P2080001.JPG

P2080002.JPG

P2080003.JPG

P2080004.JPG

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
toyrunner95 said:
I totally was not expecting the route you have taken. Well done.
x2... I was guessing a flat tray with this on top or something like that, this turned out nice, not how I would have done it, but nice.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
It looks great! I thought you were getting rid of the bed as well. That box fits perfectly!

CLynn85

Explorer
Cool! Definitely outside the box, I like it!

Did you achieve your 6'4 interior height that you mentioned before? If so then it looks like that box was built for this. Kudos on finding it.

UHAULER

Explorer
CLynn85 said:
Cool! Definitely outside the box, I like it!

Did you achieve your 6'4 interior height that you mentioned before? If so then it looks like that box was built for this. Kudos on finding it.

Yes, it came out to about 6'4"-6'5". A headliner and some carpet on the floor will probably take up about an inch+ of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier