Project "UHAULER"

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
How'd you start removing the vinyl? Mine has about 6 or 7 layers, and at least three of them are the stick-on lettering like you have showing now.

looks great! MASSIVE bed in ther :D but you need to take a spray bomb to those Uhaul markings :p

NO, that would be a HORRIBLE idea. Trust me, you don't want to paint over vinyl wrap or vinyl-stick on letters.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
There is a great tool for vinyl installers called the Vinyl zapper. It is pretty spendy, But I have seen a tool similar that goes in your drill. I just can't seem to scare up a link.

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
A company called eastwood likely has the vinyl removers for your drill. They used to carry them, I can only assume they still do.

They are a good source for all sorts of tools and resto supplies.

El_Diablo

been there done that... my wagoneer used to be wood grain, best combo i found was spray it with chemicals to soften it up and peal if off, whatever wouldn't come off would get sprayed with chemicals again and then power washed

UHAULER

Explorer
Water

You ever have one of those days where it seems like you're spinning your wheels, well yesterday was like that for me. I had wanted to have pressurized water for a while and had finally gotten around to ordering a pump a few weeks ago. I had the pump and made a sketch of what materials were needed to hook it up. Because this was a combination of home and RV parts it wasn't as easy as I planned. The two things I had were the Sureflo 2.8 gpm pump and three six gallon water jugs. I mounted the three jugs and the pump on a piece of plywood from the old floor and screwed the plywood to the bed of the truck in the space under the front of the bed. After driving to Lowes, Home Depot and Ace hardware and wandering around what seemed like for hours I picked up a few things, grabbed some lunch and came home to regroup. After redoing my plans I went out a second time for more supplies.

The electric is only temporary, eventually I would like to add a deep cycle battery and a fuse block to the right of the water tanks. Right now I have an alligator clamp to the battery. After I use it and make sure it works as planned I will clean it up.

The on/off switch and the valve are just behind the cab hidden behind the bedside.

173copy.jpg

176copy.jpg

175copy.jpg

177copy.jpg

179copy.jpg

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
It was trying to remove that vinyl wrap that did you in, isn't it?
lol.gif

Ever have a chance to see if you had those parts I PM'd you about a little while back?

Last edited:

UHAULER

Explorer
It was trying to remove that vinyl wrap that did you in, isn't it?
lol.gif

Ever have a chance to see if you had those parts I PM'd you about a little while back?

I finally dug around my mess of a garage and couldn't find any parts.

Sad to say but this project is Over. The truck is sold. The box is still for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94