Good Sites for Solar?

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I installed an AMSolar 100 watt panel 3 years ago. It is permanently mounted on the truck roof with the controller inside. It has been working keeping my 3 batteries alive and well.
As stated in an earlier post they are good people to work with. Patiently, answered all my dumb questions.

That's my next upgrade. I currently have a 15w mounted to my roof that trickle charges my batteries but is useless for anything else.

gemarsh

Testing my solar panels

Here are some pics of my solution for my Kimberley Kamper:
http://themarshalls.info/ourblog.nsf/dx/03032009084000AMHAILDK.htm
We went out last week with the Kimberley Kamper and spent 4 days using only the solar panels. I was not in the least bit conservative with the electrical usage since I really wanted to test the system. We ran the heater (diesel with an electric fan) at least 8 hours a night, fridge, lights and even watched a movie on the tv one night. Not a single issue and battery was showing almost a complete charge. I love the piece of mind it gave me.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
We went out last week with the Kimberley Kamper and spent 4 days using only the solar panels. I was not in the least bit conservative with the electrical usage since I really wanted to test the system. We ran the heater (diesel with an electric fan) at least 8 hours a night, fridge, lights and even watched a movie on the tv one night. Not a single issue and battery was showing almost a complete charge. I love the piece of mind it gave me.

George,

Thanks for the update on how your system worked out for you. Sounds like a great set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier