FG's in Action

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
EarthCruiser test track in Qld (where they had Farm Fest)
Many thanks to our EarthCruiser customers for a great day :victory:

sprucemonster

Our 2007 on the Denali Hwy last weekend. The road is not maintained during the winter months, but you can drive it at your own risk. The eye shine is from 16 of our sled dogs that are camped out. For training they are lined out in front of the truck and pull against 2nd gear at 10 mph. They are taking a break during a 50 mile run. I was surprised they could pull the truck on the flats while it was in neutral. Under these conditions you can drive half way out the highway, to the Alpine Lodge.
20141122_212753.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
For training they are lined out in front of the truck and pull against 2nd gear at 10 mph.
Very interesting, but now one more data point to track.
We have:
Miles Per Gallon (MPG)
Kilometers to 100 litre (L/100)
Kilometer per litre (km/L)
and now LBSDFPM (pounds of dog food per mile) :Wow1:

sprucemonster

Mog,
You made me go back and weigh all the food and think about it.

That weight training run cost us the following.

Total for 50 miles:
lbs = 23.2 ( 11.2 lbs of kibble, and 12 lbs of ground beef/fat)
Kcal= 38,480

per mile:
lbs 0.22
Kcal = 769.6

and 5 gallons of water to soak the food.

That was for one meal. They got a second one later in the day to refuel, so we can't count that, but they did get the same meal early in the morning before the run. So perhaps it would be more accurate to double the estimate to include the pre-run fueling.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Total for 50 miles:
lbs = 23.2 ( 11.2 lbs of kibble, and 12 lbs of ground beef/fat)
Kcal= 38,480
per mile:
lbs 0.22
Kcal = 769.6
Dang you win the best MPG award!
Converting Kcal to gallons of gas that comes out to 50 mpg (4.7 L/100 or 21 km/L). Even if you count both meals, that is still 25 mpg, twice the average Fuso mileage.
And I bet they don't need Low Sulfate Dog Food or DEF so they can be 'operated' out of the US and Europe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles