Administrator
Staff member
For Sale

1999 Jeep Wrangler
39,000 Miles
5-Speed
Lifted – Locked – Protected

Price $13,500 OBO

This Jeep has its original showroom quality paint job, no rust, a clean interior, a spotless engine compartment and no leaks. I am helping a neighbor sell his Jeep since he has no computer or Web access. He is the second owner. The original owner had 33” tires, front and rear lockers and the re-gearing done by a professional shop and then she sold it after only five years and 28,000 miles on it. He is the second and current owner, he had a professional shop install the complete Rancho kit, the Borla and the Warn protection products. An aircraft electrician did all of the auxiliary light installations. It has been garage kept and lightly used. Additional details include:

Pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/mcvickoffroad/99JeepTJForSale#

Engine
• Original stock 6cyl
• 5-speed manual transmission
• AEM Brute Force air intake
• AEM Power Plate
• Borla exhaust
• Mobil 1 synthetic oil

Suspension
• 3” Lift
o Rancho 3” kit
o Rancho shocks
o Swaybar quick disconnects

Driveline
• Front locked – Detroit Locker
• Rear locked – Detroit Locker
• Re-Geared, per the original owner, ratio unknown

Tires
• 33” x 12.5” BFG Mud Terrains, 5x including spare
• Steel wheels, 5x including spare

Protection
• Front Bumper - Warn
• Steering Box Guard - Warn
• Rear Bumper with swing-out tire carrier - Warn
• Diff Guards, front and rear - Warn
• Fuel Tank Skid Plate – Warn
• Rock Sliders
• Stock belly plate has been lowered
• Bushwacker Fender Flares

Aux Lighting
• Four KC lights
• Two small backup lights on rear bumper, not connected

Stereo
• Pioneer head unit and speaker system

Feel free to PM me or contact him directly at - Robert 602-435-2911.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Bump,
152 views and not one comment!

Ok, my neighbor is willing to discuss the price so we'll add OBO to the original post.

If anyone has any input on the sale of this Jeep please feel free to offer it.

I've checked out the entire vehicle and it's in fine shape.

Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Bump!

Feel free to tell me what you think about this Jeep and or the asking price.

Any constructive input is welcome, I am helping my neighbor to sell it because he does not have internet access.

Brian

IMG_2141.JPG

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I'll comment. It's purty! That color looks really good and high quality. I really like it. The price seems right in line for the mileage it has. The mileage is super low. We bought our 2004 with 43k on it last year for $14k. With mods, its seems like a good deal. However, it's finding a buyer for a modded rig that's the hard part. It's easier to sell a stock TJ than a built one.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, the key is finding someone looking for a turn-key rig.

Thanks for posting, it's good to hear that the pricing is reasonable.

Brian

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Very low miles, and it looks to nicely built & in good shape!

TheMike

Adventurer
I too think it's priced right. It looks well taken care even though it is used (and I don't mean that in a bad way at all).

I for one prefer a rig to have some experience under it instead of just built like that for the street.

I have passed this add on to a couple of folks I deal with just to show them what's out there. None are in that purchase place now but they are looking.

I like the red!

luk4mud

Explorer
Brian-
As a fellow Jeep owner, here is what I see:
-Fair price, low miles, has a good off road "look"
-I would worry about the fact the rear CV driveshaft has not been done. How many miles on the stock shaft since the lift, are there driveline vibes, how long have those been going on and what else may they have affected.
-The Warn bumpers are not really considered "quality" offroad bumpers. Warn makes some very good stuff, it's just that their bumpers are kinda thin/ weak and not highly thought of.
-The cold air intake (a misnomer in itself) would concern me. In your climate, those things let in lots of dust without any real hp benefit. How long has it been on and what does the intake manifold look like?
-Your neighbor needs to sort out what gears are in it. Probably 4.56's. An experienced local jeeper could drive it for you and probably tell you.
-I don't mean to sound cruel to your neighbor, but nothing screams poser like those Jeep Bushwacker flares. Ironically, thats a good thing- the flares and a few other things tell me that someone built this rig to look the part and that it probably has minimal and mild off road use. Those flares are brittle and tend to crack when they encounter a tree or rock.
-No oil pan skid (maybe it has one and it's just not listed in the ad). In my mind, that is the very first mod you do to a TJ, as the oil pan is very vulnerable. If it does not have one, that also screams poser (again, that's a good thing in this case).

All that said, it's a nice rig at a fair price. If I were in the market for a real off-road worthy TJ, I would be talking to you, knowing that I still have $2k or so in work to do to make it truly trail worthy. The issue with selling it may be that jeepers who know componentry don't like some of the parts and figure they would have to replace them and someone who wants a stock rig is also not interested. Another option would be to take the thing back to stock sell it, and sell the components on the side. I bet your neighbor would make out alot better doing that.

I hope this post does not sound mean, that is certainly NOT my intent and I will delete it if asked; I'm just trying to give honest feedback based on my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles