Best in-home espresso maker

Scott Brady

Founder
Three perfect cups. I have now matched the Mexican Mocha from our local coffee house... Nice :)

The unit I picked up works great and the pressure and temps are right on. Nice warming plate on top to preheat the cups. The pump is a little louder than I expected, but OK. Crema is right on and no burnt flavor. The thermo block in this unit has a very long coil, so no real compromise over the boiler (with better efficiency).

I am one happy dude now

Scott Brady

Founder
calamaridog said:
This thread need pics badly:coffee:

IMG_5966.JPG

The "free trade" grounds, tamped

IMG_5965.JPG

In Action

IMG_5968.JPG

Look at that :) Coffee and Chocolate in one convenient serving

IMG_5974.JPG

Foameage

IMG_5976.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_5978.JPG

Parfait!

IMG_5980.JPG

Mexican Mocha:

Two shots of espresso ground Costa Rican free trade coffee
Vanilla (1/4 TSP)
Cinnamon (1/2 TSP)
Sugar (1 TSP)
Whole Milk
Vahlrona Premium Cocoa (2 TSP) *cant have enough chocolate mmmm
Splendido Biscotti

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Wow:clapsmile

Simply awesome.

I can add that to my list of "kitchen aids" at the new house (right behind the kegerator;))

Scott Brady

Founder
I just made an Egg Nogg Latte.... :coffee:

I am such a coffee dork :smilies27

My productivity has sure increased since getting the espresso machine, but my heartrate is now resting at 180... Is that normal?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
expeditionswest said:
I just made an Egg Nogg Latte.... :coffee:

I am such a coffee dork :smilies27

My productivity has sure increased since getting the espresso machine, but my heartrate is now resting at 180... Is that normal?

180 rhr is only normal for coffee dorks with espresso machines in their kitchens......

We need a new smilie though...imagine this guy--->:coffee: after smoking a big bowl of crack, then insert it right after my last comment.:D

SeaRubi

Explorer
goodtimes said:
180 rhr is only normal for coffee dorks with espresso machines in their kitchens......

We need a new smilie though...imagine this guy--->:coffee: after smoking a big bowl of crack, then insert it right after my last comment.:D

:iagree:

you speaketh the truth. I have been "clean" for about 4 days now, and man can I tell the difference! This stuff is bad news when abused long term ...

I do encourage drying out every once in awhile, and try to limit yourself to 2 shots / day. If you start noticing that you get sleepy in the afternoons and run to the coffee machine for a quick pick me up, and then can't sleep at night or sleep poorly ... ABUSE!!!! The crack analogy is RIGHT!

:ylsmoke:

i need to go do some yoga now or something just thinking about it ... lol

Scott Brady

Founder
The Simple Things

Hard to believe it has bee five years since we first bought this espresso maker, and it is still going strong. It moved from the home office to our new facility and has been making a half-dozen shots daily since.

As a nice gift, I received a companion to our faithful Cafe Roma - A conical burr grinder, also from Breville.

Being that coffee is one of the most enjoyable things in life and a simple pleasure, I took a few pictures of the first cup made with the grinds from my new grinder :coffeedrink:

simple_things%2016.jpg

simple_things%2013.jpg

simple_things%2010.jpg

simple_things%209.jpg

simple_things%208.jpg

simple_things%2011.jpg

simple_things%2012.jpg

First use of the new tamper
simple_things%207.jpg

Off to a good start. Much thicker and richer crema than the ground coffee we have been using.
simple_things%206.jpg

Mmmm, whole milk.
simple_things%2014.jpg

simple_things%205.jpg

simple_things%204.jpg

simple_things%203.jpg

Cane sugar - three packs
simple_things%202.jpg

A little Saigon cinnamon to top it off - wonderful!
simple_things%201.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior