Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Going to look at an 86 today, will report back with results. I just can't stay away from Suzukis!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Lex

Finally got the bulk of this year's mods done; went back to SPUA, using OME springs and shocks. New GY Duratracs in 235's on some refurbished TX-1 wheels. New ZOR bumpers (mostly), with a refurbished Warn winch, newly spooled with Superline.

Already planning to install the other pile of parts I have, mainly to improve reliability. Also cutting off those stupid nerf bars from the PO...

Pics are from a beach run the other day...

View attachment 70289
View attachment 70290

I love these little Sami's. As my dad would say (about me), "not too slow, not too fast. Just half-fast."

Hey Riptide,

Is there any way I can talk you into selling that Samurai to me if you decide to get a Tin Top? Also, do you have any pics of the interior? The seats look immaculate in those photos.

Riptide

Explorer
Well, it won't be anytime soon. I did end up buying a tintop, sort of. I finally got a rust-free, dent-free tintop body, to go with another Samurai that I bought last fall. Everything is sitting at a friend's place, in his barn, waiting for me to assemble it. But it'll probably be awhile. In the meantime, I've also got a nice VW 1.6TD for it that I'm also accumulating parts for, to drop into this tintop. A little here, a little there. For me, half the fun is spec'ing something out, and then hunting it down...

Meanwhile, my 1995 Sami puts a smile on my face every time. The interior is actually in excellent shape. Thanks for the compliments!

Raredog

Observer
Realy nice Zuks :)

New here on this forum;
I'm from Denmark, me and my girlfriend has used our '90 Samurai to travel around Europe; Denmark, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine and others - it has been very reliable and people allways smile when they see the little 4x4:wings:

Its fittet with 235/75-15, OME suspension, ARB bullbar, Warn 8274, Rollcage, Terratrip, 4,16 transfercase, homemade rooftent and lots of other mods.
1323695016_resized.jpg

1323695191_resized.jpg

1323695730_resized.jpg

1338293649_resized.jpg

Now we are in the process of building a larger rig, a Volvo TGB 13 (c304) 6x6:
1338364842_resized.jpg

You can follow the build here: http://tgb13.raredog.dk/
Later the blog will be a travelblog, hope to get the car finished by the end of June:)

It going to be a lot different to travel in such a large vehicle, i'm afraid we are going to miss the cosy small cabin and the easy of driving a small car in terrain, but looking forward to sleep inside :)

Riptide

Explorer
Alright Raredog, you MUST post more pictures of the Sami. Great photography!!

That Pull-Pal strapped to the ARB up front probably helps equalize the load, huh?

Willy G

Adventurer
Hey guys, new to the forum, and there are alot of nice suzuki's on here, and I really love ALLLL of the lwbs and I wish we had them around here, but I still love my 88.5
Specs: 88.5 samurai
Restored body
New paint but original color with metal flack
5in SPUA Calmini Shackle Reverse kit
31 BFG KM2, best tire I've had so far
16v Tracker engine
Stock Rear axle with Lockright,
Front Chromololy Axle Shafts with 26 spline side gears
4.9 trail gear transfer case
Daily Driver with 23 mpg,
Soon to have an exterior roll bar with roof rack and new rear bumper,
1123091802a.jpg1315582493826.jpg
0125001525a_0001.jpg

F1Chase

All these pics are making me miss my Tracker. It was lightweight, simple, and tough. I'll have to pick up another one (and keep it this time) when my job permits.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Sidekick_black_wheels.jpg

Some new wheels. Went from the 15x8 chrome five-stars to 15x7 black steelies. Funny thing is, I had been told the chrome ones (which I had bought used from a guy on craigslist) were 15x7, but always thought they poked out quite a bit. Once I got the new wheels on and took the bare chrome wheels home, sure enough—stamped 15x8. Ah, used parts.

- Andy

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Sidekick_black_wheels.jpg

Some new wheels. Went from the 15x8 chrome five-stars to 15x7 black steelies. Funny thing is, I had been told the chrome ones (which I had bought used from a guy on craigslist) were 15x7, but always thought they poked out quite a bit. Once I got the new wheels on and took the bare chrome wheels home, sure enough—stamped 15x8. Ah, used parts.

- Andy

Those look sooooo much better!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne