Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Riptide

Explorer
Sporting a a few days of use during the VO Overland Rally in Vermont this past weekend. Slept in Tent-Cot which fit nicely in the roof rack. I took out the back seat, to hold my Engle 65 cooler, and one big Action Packer to hold most of my gear. The Pelican box on the roof held all my clothes, sleeping bag, and pad. And the truck did pretty darn well...

Sami post-VO.jpg

Sami-post-VO2.jpg

Last edited:

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Hey guys looking to purchase a Sami to tow behind my e350
u4y2yry4.jpg

I have found two great rigs...
The 1st is a 1995 "fuel injected" w/90k
6inch jeep eater suspension lift, arb front bumper w/ warn winch,4.10 gears, very clean rig..
he3umy7e.jpg

vy3apyjy.jpg

4ubahydu.jpg

The 2nd is a 1987 "propane" fueled,arb lockers, custom cage, custom bumpers, 4.56 gears, 6inch jeep eater suspension, new Toyos, " duel transfer cases, freak in cool rig...
tu6yby5e.jpg

e3ary6a7.jpg

a3e4ybeb.jpg

y2y6ebap.jpg

Both are about the same price!!
Need help
Buck
The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Riptide

Explorer
Buck, both of those look really nice. I've no experience with a propane conversion, but they seem pretty popular. I have a '95 FI model myself, and I'm pretty happy with it. Most people consider Sami's underpowered, but once you accept the vehicle for what it is, you'll find that they are pretty capable even in bone-stock form. I do have ARB's front and rear in mine, but other than that, the drivetrain is stock, and I still impressed where the thing can go. But, I prefer to explore, and not rock-crawl, so my demands might be lower than other Zuk owners.

I do tow mine behind a Sprinter camper, and it tows pretty well. Just gotta stop every 200 miles or so and run the engine for a few minutes to keep everything lubed. I use a Blue Ox towing setup which I love. I bought the mounting tabs from Blue Ox that I bolted right to the front bumper (mostly made by Zuks Off-Road). One of the posters on Zuharrie did a real nice job designing a wiring setup that allows the Zuk lights to be used for being towed, as well as towing a trailer of its own. I can dig up the diagram if you like...

Pat

Willy G

Adventurer

I would go with the blue one, just for the suspension, I have a simmilar set up with the yj springs, and its twice as nice as the factory ride, the other thing is that I would say get a tank protector for that propane tank, other then that, it will run at every angle, :smiley_drive:

Also had an amazing weekend going to Potts Mountain, here in Va near Covington,
1385575_732506133430731_1550784028_n.jpg
484788_732729150075096_1253833170_n.jpg

steelheadbum

Adventurer
I would go with the blue one, just for the suspension, I have a simmilar set up with the yj springs, and its twice as nice as the factory ride, the other thing is that I would say get a tank protector for that propane tank, other then that, it will run at every angle, :smiley_drive:

Also had an amazing weekend going to Potts Mountain, here in Va near Covington,
View attachment 195812
View attachment 195813

The blue one is bought 3700.00 a steal I think!! Now I need to find a 1.9 TDI engine.....:eek:
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne