Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

Toyman01

Adventurer
@Toyman01 that's a wonderful rig!!! are those procomps? and what size?

Marmota, thanks! Yes, they are ProComps in a 285/75-16. Unfortunately they are about done and out of my price range. I have a set of IROK NDs and a 5th wheel on the way for it now. The best of the ProComps will be going in the big empty space on the back as a spare.

jpat30, thanks for the compliment. I watched their video online the other day. I've also read the entire Mobius Trip thread on ADVrider. It would be the trip of a lifetime for sure. It will probably take me a long time to complete it. I'm afraid my wife won't let me sell the house and my mortgage company still wants a check every month. :)

I did come across some information about a Trans Eastern Trail yesterday. It has a southern loop that looks interesting. I might run it first as a shake down trip.

I'm still in the planning stages and the Samurai still needs some work to make it truly expedition worthy.

compactcamping

Explorer
My trusty '92 4dr Sidekick is being replaced with a '00 2dr. Has a 2" lift, 235's, locking hubs and the vacuum engage front diff replaced.

Here it is out on a shakedown run in the Santiam SF, Oergon

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
That thing looks great scott! I loved your 4dr but I think this one beats it hands-down. I've always had a soft spot for the 2dr's. I don't like them in stock form but put a mild lift and some larger tires and they look just right! Completely changes the attitude of the car. The 2dr also goes along with your theme of "compact camping" a little better :)

kb9yoj

Observer
Scott-

I noticed the front tow bar. Would something like that be rated for winching/recovery? I have a 07 Grand Vitara and wondered if a front tow bar would be an option to an ARB bumper since they bolt directly to the sub-frame assembly.

Matt

compactcamping

Explorer
Matt, I'm not sure. This tow bar setup attaches through the frame in four places, then through the tow hook and a bumper bracket on the other side. I'm assuming winch a badly stuck vehicle creates more stress than towing and would require some additional attachment points.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I'm sure it'll be strong enough. Front tow bars are required to pass a slow speed crash test, I believe it's 15mph, without the vehicle detaching from the towed vehicle. I'd imagine that would be more stress than winching.

But then again, "not detaching" is very subjective. That might mean the bar could be severely damaged from the crash but still managed to stay attached at all the points. So you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier