Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

ThreeEyedBandit

I'll play. 2000 Chevy Tracker, 5 speed, 235's and all stock otherwise. Currently has my trusty Yaesu Ft-100D with a 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna and a ATAS-100 on the rear. Working on coil spacers at work, skid plates and sliders next, and finally t/c gears and lockers. Don't forget the turbo, that is also in the works along with a hidden winch mount. This is my third Suzuki and they are silly fun to play with and work on.

And my trailer and tent that is also being built at work. Plan on pulling this behind the Tracker and Cruiser.

Last edited:

grimbo

Explorer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432552503.906262.jpg

My old Sierra LWB. 34" swampers, front ARB locker (prototype used for R&D), rear LA Locker, 80:1 low range, 2" Old Man Emu SPUA, 3/4 elliptic rear spring setup. Custom tray and Exo cage

Dake21

Adventurer
Just going down the trails to find some nice picnic spot with the family.

Oy5ykchh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

ThreeEyedBandit

Found some pics from this last summer.

Got stuck where the cruiser was, got out of his way and he repeated the same thing :sombrero:

And yes I am giggling in the mirror :snorkel:

More to come next week I hope...

stevec

Adventurer
After enjoying my Samurai (the silver one in post #3 of this thread) for 28 years, I finally rolled it last year, so I guess those Consumer Reports guys were right. Went up a steep hill with too much weight in the back and it went over backwards. It was a gentle roll, and the rollcage protected the 4 passengers well, but the front was pretty messed up. Rather than try to fix it or put a new body on it, I decided to look for a LWB to replace it. I finally found one in May that wasn't too rusty, and spent the summer swapping my old drivetrain onto it, making a few additional modifications as I went (i.e. rear springs up front, since I had the extra set.) She's almost done, and I'm hoping to get a couple of short runs in before winter sets in to identify any issues, but here's a pic of her sitting in the driveway:

Attachments

• LWB June 2015.jpg
    LWB June 2015.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,006

ThreeEyedBandit

After enjoying my Samurai (the silver one in post #3 of this thread) for 28 years, I finally rolled it last year, so I guess those Consumer Reports guys were right. Went up a steep hill with too much weight in the back and it went over backwards. It was a gentle roll, and the rollcage protected the 4 passengers well, but the front was pretty messed up. Rather than try to fix it or put a new body on it, I decided to look for a LWB to replace it. I finally found one in May that wasn't too rusty, and spent the summer swapping my old drivetrain onto it, making a few additional modifications as I went (i.e. rear springs up front, since I had the extra set.) She's almost done, and I'm hoping to get a couple of short runs in before winter sets in to identify any issues, but here's a pic of her sitting in the driveway:

Nice!! I would love a LWB sammy! Love your LJ pic also. I had a 71, fun little chainsaw to run around in ;)

stevec

Adventurer
Yeah, I love the extra room in the LWB. The girls also like the extra room in back (the rear seat is 6" farther back, and 3" taller than SWB Samurai's). I also bought 4' tie down tracks for the back. It has a little rust that I just "arrested" (i.e. ground/cut, then coated), so I hope to run it a few years as is. May do a proper restoration when I retire, but for now it's just a trail rig.

4x4Ginger

New to the forum

Summer exploring in the Vitara + new led lights

Hoping to add a mild lift in the future!

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg