Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

R Thomas

Observer
Bsteg - do you think the louvers helped engine temp? It looks good, but I was hoping for a little help with my engine temp on hot days. A similar louver panel is on my list. I just want to try it with another hood and keep my stock hood intact.

Dake21

Adventurer
Everyone claim it doesn affect handling, I guess it doesnt then! About ride quality I agree. Out of all the 4wd I test drive the grand vitara was the one that handled the potholes in dirt roads better. It could be a great rally SUV.

Just a warning guys, avoid the first 2 or 3 years of the J24B engine (2.4L)the engine block is known to crack after 50,000KM. They fixed the issue in 2010 I believe. The newer one have ESP with brake activated limited-slip. It make things so much easier on uneven terrain but you cant turn off traction control on 4H (AWD) so driving fast in snow is very hard to do if you like rally driving. There are ways around it.

Jfamily

Sidekick - Diesel Conversion

My sidekick with a 1.6td.

The engine is the SB and has mild mods putting out about 110hp and 150lbs of torque. Arb locker and a few other mods like 8500lb winch and brake controller for custom trailer. Hope this helps with ideas for your builds.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20150118_114856.jpg
    20150118_114856.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20150118_114918.jpg
    20150118_114918.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20131107_220837.jpg
    20131107_220837.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 63

crab

Now I understand what you meant about the stud not touching the mount. I definitely had originally tried the antenna with the plastic washer on the underside, before I heard that it needed to be on the top. Perhaps the radio is fried. I tightened everything in anticipation of another radio. Today I also modified my jerry can mount to accept the 2.5 gallon jerry can I have, as well as the 5 gal. I like how it looks on this small rig.

Thanks again for all the help so far.

IMG_20150307_182053081.jpg

nick_n_ii

Well here is my 95. Just got the lift 2" and tire and wheels on it.. 235x75r15

Attachments

• After Lift (3).jpg
    After Lift (3).jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 63
  • After Lift (2).jpg
    After Lift (2).jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 57

Toyman01

Adventurer
I'm going to post mine up again. It's been through some changes in the last month. Namely loosing 5" of lift and getting a smaller set of tires.

Here is a before. SPOA, 33" tires. Go anywhere slowly, but a bear to drive at anything above 50mph.
DSCN1241_zps3dc19c35.jpg

Here is the after. SPUA, 29" tires. Still go just about anywhere but will run 65mph without killing me. For my uses, it's a 100% better rig and winch will still get me anywhere the new tires won't.
DSCN1487_zps8yqwgfm3.jpg

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
I'm going to post mine up again. It's been through some changes in the last month. Namely loosing 5" of lift and getting a smaller set of tires.

Here is a before. SPOA, 33" tires. Go anywhere slowly, but a bear to drive at anything above 50mph.

Here is the after. SPUA, 29" tires. Still go just about anywhere but will run 65mph without killing me. For my uses, it's a 100% better rig and winch will still get me anywhere the new tires won't.
DSCN1487_zps8yqwgfm3.jpg

Great looking tin top!

Dake21

Adventurer

DSCN1241_zps3dc19c35.jpg

DSCN1487_zps8yqwgfm3.jpg

That's a very clean samurai, congrats! Good move for the smaller tire, sometime less is more.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I wonder how many people overbuild their rig and then go backwards but are too embarrassed to post about it. I wish more people did this! I'm sure there are hundreds of people who surf this site every year that are put off because they think they need lockers, 35" tires and low range to go explore the outdoors.

I swear I off road my SX4 more than a lot of the jeep owners I know with 35" tires and 6" of lift. And all they do is complain about handling, gas mileage and how expensive replacing 35" M/T tires every year is when all they do is get chewed up from pavement.

True, eh?

This little sammy looks perfect now! I always wanted one, and a tin top to boot! Have many good memories of friends dads taking us all in the woods by Samurai and Sidekick. Bigger looked badder, but for a real drivable vehicle, it's perfect now.

98dango

Expedition Leader
It's very easy to get caught up in what you need. When in reality you need a sleeping bag food and a love of nature.

RiceRocket

Tin top project. Spartans Front and Rear, High Steer, Spring Over, I have a Quantum 1.6 TD to drop in (not likely anytime soon)

DSC01014.JPG DSC00757.JPG DSC01081.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94