Show us your roof cargo systems.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Be it a rack, cargo box, or bungees and the factory rack.

How do you load up?

Me? I have a Yakima Rocket box and a Basket Case that I use with 2 load bars.

The box usually gets clothes, sleeping bags, pillows and a few folding chairs. The basket may get fuel, water, or a Action Packer with kitchen stuff in it.

I also have 2 more Yak load bars with mounts and a Con-Ferr rack with mounts in my shed that I need to figure out something to do with.

101_1886.jpg

d952725a.jpg

XOXO,
Dave

Last edited:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
We had a Garvin Wilderness rack on our '04 Disco we sold almost a couple years ago. We never really had the chance to use it and, in hindsight, I should have kept the rack when I sold the car.
Disco001.jpg

One Love,
Dave

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I'm all about the Yakima / Thule stuff

I love roof racks.
The thing about the Yakima/Thule is you can set it up in different configurations. I have had to replace each of my cross bars at least once over the years because they will rust at the ends and where the plastic coating gets cut.

Like MoGas, I put soft bulky lightweight stuff up top. Oh, and I love the older Yakima baskets.

I really wish I had one of those Inti racks.

FJ62RearLeftbothantennassmall2.jpg

P5150301.jpg

P5180358.jpg

100_0213.jpg

100_0214.jpg

Picture001.jpg

PA280142.jpg

EricG

Explorer
Mines a Surco on load bars. It wasnt the best load job this day.

Last edited:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
custom rack with pelican boxes. two bars in rear off rack are for items like folding chairs, ground tent, fly rods, etc..

expo2008276.jpg

Bergger

Explorer
Here are a couple of my variations. All Yakima stuff. The second picture is my current setup. I bolted in a plywood floor to the load warrior basket to keep some of the rain and sun off of the Dog and equipment. It really works well.

029b.JPG

134.JPG

Superu

Explorer
Surco 40" x 50" rack.

P7223212.JPG

Setup varies depending on what we need to bring with us, but the spare, jack and shovel are usually up there.

CCNS%2012.jpg

Sold off the Hannibal jerry can holder in 08 and will be fabricating something to carry water and fuel up there in my scepter cans at a lower profile. Probably side by side laying down in the rear of the rack.

McRover

I have the Roof Rack it is a custom made, modeled after the Safty Devices rack. Made by a local shop here in SO. Cal. I am still looking for some good cases to hold gear and supplies.

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

Last edited:

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
My suburban loaded for monthlong trip to Alaska

Attachments

• Drivers_side (Medium).JPG
    Drivers_side (Medium).JPG
    102 KB · Views: 92
  • Passenger_Side (Medium).JPG
    Passenger_Side (Medium).JPG