Show us your roof cargo systems.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
Hummer loaded for a trip from Washington to Tahoe (sorry can't find any better pics)

Attachments

• IMG_1471 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1471 (Medium).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 265

IH8RDS

Explorer
I used to have the Con-Ferr then I traded it for a Yakima for ease of removal. I think it sits way to high though. I am working on the cross bars now. I am going to bend them in the shape of the mega warrior basket.to get a lower profile. I get som pictures up when it is done.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
My con-ferr is a bit muck for the XJ, but for a 50 buck find on craigslist, I can't complain.
I think it started out life as a wider rack and was "skinnied" to fit a landcruiser.
Now mind you, I did have to buy the gutter mounts seperate, so I have about 150 bucks tied up into it.:safari-rig:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Started out with this:
CGV-Davita-Xmas-WJ018.jpg

Got rid of the thing because it mounted to the flimsy factory cross rails and I didnt like how it mounted.

Then I got this:
DeathValley2008053.jpg

Same flimsy mounting options, but I liked the quality better, and it opened on either side!

I got rid of that one too, and bought this rack, which I've been happy with so far:
DSC_0736.jpg

I had a full-size, home made rack on my old XJ:
19951.jpg

rack1.jpg

Last edited:

bruzer1123

Observer
new guy

Hello-first post here...been lurking for a little bit. Came over from Yotatech. Thought I would share what our truck looked like when we drove from Bangor, Maine to Prince Rupert, BC. We had two Thule boxes, with a bike rack in between, a Yakima basket over the cab with a gas can, charcoal grill, and a waterproof duffel with our tent and sleeping stuff. On the rear bumper (that I built modeled off of Rob's {watrd} bumper) I had a home-built reciever bike rack. By the time we got to BC, the springs were a bit tired. We now have Firestone airbags. Thanks for letting me share!
RT_296-1.jpg

bruzer1123

Observer
Thanks for the welcome guys! We recently moved to McCall in Sept but I've visited NAPA several times...the most recent was for windshield wipers for a coralla...I think you may have rung us out. You used to live in Mammoth right?

daverami

Explorer
I have a Yakima Rocket box and a Basket Case that I use with 2 load bars.

The box usually gets clothes, sleeping bags, pillows and a few folding chairs. The basket may get fuel, water, or a Action Packer with kitchen stuff in it.

Have you carried any fuel or water on the Basket Case? I was thinking of a jerry can or two, securely strapped down of course, but was wondering if that rack is sturdy enough.

firemansxterra

Adventurer
Have you carried any fuel or water on the Basket Case? I was thinking of a jerry can or two, securely strapped down of course, but was wondering if that rack is sturdy enough.

I have the Yakima Loadwarrior with the extension in it and I usually have it loaded up with two 5 gallon old style military metal gas cans, one 5 gallon water can and plenty of wood and whatever else I can fit up there and it is plenty sturdy enough to hold all of that...

RonL

Adventurer
not mine, funny....

Attachments

• iraqsuburban1.jpg
    iraqsuburban1.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 330
  • iraqsuburban2.jpg
    iraqsuburban2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 234

Forum statistics

Threads