Liberty storage/deck

AZCPP

Adventurer
I talked about doing this when I first bought the Liberty. Since I had removed the rear seat from my Ram I thought I would leave it in so we would have one vehicle that would seat more than two. Well, now I have the Mega-Cab and out came the Liberty rear seat. It will offer storage of tools and recovery items mid-ship for better wieght distribution and a better place for small items that I would rather not have in the cargo area. We take our two dogs with us all the time so being able to put stuff down below is also better for us. The two lids or decks are the two from my old Ram deck. I just had to trim 1" off the front edge and then I contured the side along the door. I left access to behind the front seats without raising the lids for quick access to items we use offten and my wife said she can stuff her purse in there. Anyway, here is a few pictures.
P9030004.jpg

P9030005.jpg

P9030007.jpg

tommudd

Explorer
Did something similar with my rear deck, photos are posted over on LOSTKJs. I put a fold down piece on front so with the front seats shoved all the way forward I can sleep in there

Tom

FlyingWen

Explorer
I like it.

I am planning on building a shelf in the rear if my Liberty to accommodate more items back there. I travel a lot, so I need a space for the suitcase and also my recovery gear without having to dig for everything.

Is your deck easily removable?

AZCPP

Adventurer
FlyingWen said:
I like it.

I am planning on building a shelf in the rear if my Liberty to accommodate more items back there. I travel a lot, so I need a space for the suitcase and also my recovery gear without having to dig for everything.

Is your deck easily removable?

Yeah, I could have it out in five minutes I guess. The lids are mounted to the floor by two hinges on each lid (two 1/4" self taping screws per hinge). The lower section or divider is secured at the rear edge's only by three screws on each side. When the front seats are in a slightly reclined or comfortable position they hold the lids down in the event of a roll-over whatever is under the lid will stay under the lid. I thought about building a false floor in the rear about 6" deep with a lid that would open to the rear gate then make this deck the same level. With all that storage and the added space under the front deck would be real nice.

BTW, when will the roof rack off you KJ be for sale?? or did I miss that?

tommudd

Explorer
jerbacher said:
hello there liberty people. this is my first post on this forum! :)

Jon,

Where have you been? Have been lurking over here for about a year now...glad to see see you made it

Now back to the topic at hand:wings:

jerbacher

Observer
that rear deck looks really good. if i never thought i'd be carrying anyone else i'd do this. tom, do you have any photos of your install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior