Chili

telwyn

Adventurer
Here's my recipe. Mostly my own creation plus some tips I got from a tailgating friends at Falcons games that owns a winebar in Atlanta.

Few or no measurements as I always wing it.

Brown ground chuck in a pan with olive oil. Add diced vidalia onion at end of browning and sweat them. Spices during browning include smoked, hot or sweet paprika (lots), little cinnamon and nutmeg, moderate cumin, coriander and black pepper.

Add all to a pot of beef broth. Add several cans of kidney beans and diced or pureed cans of tomato. Add whole cloves of fresh garlic (will cook out the flavor). Add 2 decent sized spoons of grape jelly (believe it or not) and one spoon of Nestle Quick chocolate powder.

Simmer for a few hours.

Top with diced fresh jalapeno, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese to taste.

Trust me - it's good.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'd love to share the award winning Rocky Mountain River Shiver Chili recipe with you but I'd be strung up if I did so publicly. PM me if you are stuck and promise not to share it with more than 1000 of your closest friends.

I think it is actually pretty much a standard chili recipe with not too many beans but the kicker is to use a lot of hot Italian sausage or Chorizo, grilled on the bbq first.

H

Hank

I think some of the best chili is made with no recipe at all. Just one of those "little bit of this, little bit of that" type things.

On our last camping trip, we did just that. Everyone brought a can of chili. It did not matter what kind or what brand, just a can of chili. We browned up about 3lbs of beef, then dumped it all into a pot with some tomatoes and peppers and a few packs of those chili seasoning packs from McCormicks.

You can see how full the pot was:

The_Cove_307.jpg

We had two Dutch Ovens full of cornbread, too. Gotta have the cornbread with chili:

The_Cove_308.jpg

It all turned out very nice:

The_Cove_309.jpg

The_Cove_316.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I use Kit Anderson's bad attitude chili recipe for my base and modify it to my liking.

http://chile.netrelief.com/recipes/bad_attitude_chili_recipe.shtml

I cook 12 gallons of differnt kinds of chili every year for a Christmas Chili party. This has been one of the most well received.

This is a two day process with the beef and pork cooked on the BBQ first and then simmered on the stove for 36 hrs until the meat is falling apart. :cow:

Dec202008006.jpg

Dec202008005.jpg

Dec202008004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94