Looking at '00 LandCruiser - opinions?

Gravity

Observer
Looking at downsizing our vehicles and going w/ a much lower monthly payment and I have been eyeing a 2000 LandCruiser w/ 95k on it. It was pretty much was a life-long grocery getter. Dealer has had it listed for a few months now and wants it gone - he wants me to make an offer. Its listed at 15.9 currently. Do you think 13 is fair? http://www.rcautomotive.com/detail-2000-toyota-land_cruiser-2833122.html

Obviously the running boards would be the first thing to be removed....

thanks

Chriscanoe

Observer
I just sold my 99 with 140k on it, in great shape for 9600.00. I would think 13 should be reasonable if it is in great shape. Dont be so quick to ditch the running boards, unless you are going to replace them with step sliders. My wife and kids use them all the time to get in and out. I use them as a step when I strap my boat on my rack. I am slightly vertically challanged however! My point is, they do have a use, at least for some people.

rwb0481

Observer
It does look pretty sharp from the pictures. I think offering 13K is fair though you may want to offer a little less if 13 is what you're wanting to spend. That way you can both have some haggle room. Let us know if you get it.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Was the 90K service done?
Second that point. The $90K service is expensive and extensive, so if there is no record of it being done, use that to negotiate a further reduction in price. If it has been done, it seems that the $13K you're thinking about is a fair price.

FWIW, I have the Lexus equivalent of this truck (an '00 LX470) and I am consistently amazed at the quality and smoothness of the vehicle. Off-roading aside, the truck is as quiet and comfortable for a long drive as a Lexus sedan and is perfectly suitable for routine use. It also recently proved to be outstanding in the snow.

The only downside is the fuel economy, or lack thereof. When used for running short trip errands, 11-12 mpg is about all you can expect.

And I, too, suggest you not pitch the running boards until you've got the sliders ready to go, at least unless your family members are more tolerant/athletic than mine. The climb is enough that you won't get much enthusiasm for frequent entrances direct from ground level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles