Warr-wagon

Outback

Explorer
Excellent build! Its hard to beat a Power Wagon. With a treasure chest full of HD parts like that they sure are stout rigs. I had an old California Highway Patrol car my department bought. We then put another 100K on the engine and transmission. Combined we had 200K on the original engine and drive train This Diplomat had a hard life as a police car. She had a 360 V8 and when my department retired her I picked her up for cheap. I kept her for 8 more years and put another 100K on that original engine. She started to nickle and dime me to death by then but at 300K she still ran strong. WHAT GREAT engines those 360s are! I believe you have probably the best combination of drive train parts and engine that you can get. This will be one reliable rig!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i got a start on putting the new engine together. oil pump pickup, oil pump, oil pan, timing chain cover, water pump.

KEENO

Adventurer
Cowl Cracks?

Warrpath...

Does your truck have any signs of the dreaded Cowl Cracks on the Drivers & Passenger sides? A fairly common problem with this body style. Great opportunity to fix them &/or prevent them with the front of the truck removed. Just curious...

Sweet Ride!

KEENO:)

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Warrpath...

Does your truck have any signs of the dreaded Cowl Cracks on the Drivers & Passenger sides? A fairly common problem with this body style. Great opportunity to fix them &/or prevent them with the front of the truck removed. Just curious...

Sweet Ride!

KEENO:)

cowl cracks? cant say it does, havnt seen any cracks.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
went out today for a few hours after i got off work, doesnt really feel like i did much cause i kinda just bounced around. i pulled the motor mounts off the cross member, the driver side was fun. painted some of the front frame section. pulled the front diff cover and cleaned it up and painted it, inside the diff didnt look bad, a ittle bit of metal grind in there but no chunks or anything like that and the fluid looked fairly new. also started to sand the hood down, i dont know about anyone else but MOPAR to me just screams blacked out hood ;D

thats a 2 foot pipe wrench and a 3 foot pipe on my half inch drive
003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
installed the front diff cover today
004-6.jpg

005-4.jpg

found the diff tag on the rear when i pulled the diff cover. the fluid in the front axle wasnt too bad but the rear diff must have been the red headed stepchild, 3.54 gears (not what id hoped for but oh well)
001-4.jpg

and the first coat of semi gloss on the hood
007-3.jpg

Dale

Adventurer
I scrolled through your posts and couldn't find the year of your project (probably overlooked). My first truck was a 1978 Dodge Ramcharger, 400ci; so I have a long time appreciation for these trucks. I am looking forward to seeing more. Great Work!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
i scrolled through your posts and couldn't find the year of your project (probably overlooked). My first truck was a 1978 dodge ramcharger, 400ci; so i have a long time appreciation for these trucks. I am looking forward to seeing more. Great work!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
kinda splurged a little this morning. i tried to clean up the valve cover but there is so much crap baked onto the inside and i couldnt get it all out of there and i didnt want to chance any of it getting into the new motor so here we go

Fabricated Small Block Mopar Aluminum Valve Covers

396f_1_sbl.jpg

These are a fully TIG welded aluminum cover. Thick 1/4" billet rail. 1 1/4" baffled breather holes. 3.5" tall. Includes bolts.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
in between the coats of herculiner i put on the floor boards of my XJ i painted the engine with high heat 500 degree paint. i prefer the color of grey just because it is easier to see any leaks that arise.

004-7.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
This truck is gonna ROCK!!!

yah i hope so. after i started painting the hood i thought of a different way i could have done it that would look cooler but oh well.

im shooting for having this truck done by june for the wheelers for the wounded run here in oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior