mini-IMG_0096.jpg

mini-P1011765.jpg

mini-P1011766.jpg

mini-PC301719.jpg

First 3 are near Pemberton BC
Last 3 are in Yukon Territory

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Here are a few shots I got on my trip up to the Lake Powell area earlier this week. I'll post some others in a trip report thread.

The first is off Alstrom Point overlooking Lake Powell.

813620805_VASLV-X2.jpg

These two are from Lower Antelope Slot Canyon East of Page

1026331261_EeqJR-XL.jpg

1026334083_MQeRR-XL.jpg

These two are overlooking Horseshoe Bend on the Colorado river

813623465_dhEh6-XL.jpg

813623235_qioSR-XL.jpg

Pics 1, 4 & 5 are my first attempt at HDR so hopefully not over done. 2 and 3 of Antelope slot canyon are just out of the camera with minor PP slider tweaks.

Any CC would be very welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
1,4,and 5 are really really nice. Good job!

Thanks, they were one my first attempts at HDR so I appreciate the feedback. Some folks have said they are bit flat and need to have the tone curves tweaked a bit to bring up the contrast. I may try that.

The weird thing was I used Photomatix for the HDR processing and it worked great on the open landscapes but when I tried the same thing with the Antelope slot canyon shots I couldn't get a decent output. It was like the program couldn't figure out all the complex curves and colors and it would run things like a black stripe in the rock off out into the air. After a few tries and just went with the out of camera shots and called it good.

Last edited:

photoman

Explorer
#1 is top notch!!
also like #3 - the Horseshoe Bend shots are bit overdone and painterly to me. That is a tough location to shoot though.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
#1 is top notch!!
also like #3 - the Horseshoe Bend shots are bit overdone and painterly to me. That is a tough location to shoot though.

Thanks Aaron. The Horseshoe Bend ones aren't sittting well with me either. I plan to redo them to tone down the HDR a bit and bring up the contrast a tad and see if I can improve them.

TJDIV

Adventurer
I agree, those HDR shots are awesome!

Here's a picture from the Lake Superior shoreline the other day. The little tree in the rock peaked my interest on a recent drive to Marquette.

813324612_aSphs-XL.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
#1 is top notch!!

OK second try here. I brought the HDR images of Horseshoe Bend into Lightroom and increased the tonal curves to add more contrast and dialed down the color saturation. Do these look better now?

814573265_BsnRf-XL.jpg

814573282_sWL5K-XL.jpg

814573293_8TCPW-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne