Random Scenic Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

rayra

Expedition Leader
Looking north up the Rio Grande from the middle of Albuquerque, Oct '02(?)

RioGrandeALQ_zpslce44v1c.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Pat, I heard that one of the downsides of riding a swampboat like that is that you get plastered with bugs. True?

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Just depends on what part of the year it is. If you're down on the deck of the boat, where I sit quite a bit to take cool photos, then yes, you're getting hit with grass and bugs.....but only while going through the tall grass

Luz_Airboat.JPG

If you're sitting up on the seats, which are high off the water/grass, then everything just lands on the deck and blows off while driving. If out on the water, then you only have the option of getting hit by fish jumping into the boat when you shine them at night :)

Airboat_Fun_2.JPG

This particular night, we were running along the shallows and hit the water with a big hand held spotlight, and dozens of fish jumped in the boat. The girls were screaming and one got put down my wifes shirt in the antics. Good fun had by all :)

BIGGUY

Adventurer
Nice color BigGuy, is that Wyoming?

It's just south of the border into Utah at the southwest end of the Flaming Gorge Reservoir. At the end of the road in the middle of the photo it turns right and heads up about 10 miles to Manila, UT and the border is just a couple of miles from there. The road going out the left of the photo continues around the south end of the Gorge and either connects to Hwy 191 north over the dam and into WY or you can head south to Vernal, UT.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Couple of shots I liked from a recent trip to the Mojave Desert

Kokoweef Peak
Mojave-Exploration-2015-012-X3.jpg

Mojave-Exploration-2015-021-X3.jpg

Mojave-Exploration-2015-046-X3.jpg

Sunset over our campsite (you can see a RTT in the lower left)
Mojave-Exploration-2015-058-X3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke