Snorkel mushroom

CDNRover

G'day lads,

As anyone ever build a home made snorkel? I would like to build my own. Any advise or tips? All I would need to buy is the mushroom top. Anyone can advise me where to find one?

Thanks in advance!

Momrocks

Adventurer
I haven't built one but a friend had his intake elbow stolen from his Safari Snorkel. He went to an agricultural tractor salvage yard and got a screened "mushroom" looking cap appropriately sized to the tube and installed it. It was slotted on the mounting base so he was able to use a hose clamp. It didn't fit as tight as the original so he ran a bead of sensor safe rtv around the inside before slipping it over. It was a nice looking head and after a coat of semi gloss black it ended up being a nice looking job. Sourcing one of these heads and some larger exhaust tubing would make a nice looking home brew setup. IMHO, much better than the typical PVC abominations found at your local mud hole.

Ooops, after that last statement my "Glamper" is showing

sami

Explorer
I assume you're talking about a pre cleaner?

Pic of a super bad Hilux with a pre cleaner...
ROTF,10-August-2007,DSCF0471,640x480.jpg

ourvehicle%20snorkel.jpg

Shameless plug for CruiserOutfitters, who is a vendor here..

Copied from CruiserOutfitters.com:

Snorkel Accessories:

7" Precleaner - $63.50
Retail $83.89
Part# ARB PBH000237

10" Precleaner - $111.50
Retail $139.29
Part# ARB PBH000253

Air Ram Grill - $8.50
Retail $16.39
Part# ARB 000135500

Complete Air Ram (3.5") - $92.50
Retail $114.29
Part# ARB 000135200

Complete Air Ram (New Design) - $97.50
Retail $128.69
Part# ARB 000135600

Last edited:

CDNRover

Nice but,

More looking for a Land-Rover type, but it seems nice. Anyone in Canada for that? I mean if it's from Aussie just the shipping cost will lead me to buy one from Rover's North! And we don't want that! hehe Might check for New Holland or John Deere tractor supply! will see...

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I built my own and I think the cap was from a Ford Tractor that I got via NAPA or something like that. This cap was the most expensive part. It was still less than $100 total to build the entire snorkle.
Jason T.

Attachments

• snorkle 002.jpg
    snorkle 002.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 922
  • snorkle_003.jpg
    snorkle_003.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 145

Yorker

Adventurer

Stock Tyres

Observer
Tractor supply store should have them, I remember reading some where that one off a ford 3/4000 tractor will work.

RoadRocket

i've found out it was easier to by my snorkeltop at paddock as part of a kit...... as there are no briliant standard solutions for Series i've opted for a defender-type.

I then kept the snorkeltop, mountings, tube and hose and trashed the intake that usally inserts at the side. Drainage tubes were put in use for the last bits and i've entered through the top of the wing...

pc140891.jpg

pc140893.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles