Full size truck questions

SFROMAN

Adventurer
the reason I want to replace the stock rims is because my truck came with 20 inch rims. A toyo mud terrain in size 35x12.50x20 costs about 450 bucks. I would just rather get a smaller diameter rim to be able to lower the cost of tires as well as increase the side wall. I ran this same size on my old truck and was very pleased with it.

DEL

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Update

Well its been a while since i started this thread and just wanted to update my own thread with sme of the things i have done to reach my goals previously statet on my 1st post of this thread.
1st thing I did was rip out interior and sound deaden it.
used edead on all of the interior and combined the edead with carpet insulation from pepboys on floor

the doors were insulated on the inner as well as outer walls.
from this

to this

floor shot. you can see the edead going up the back wall of the cab and the layer of carpet insulation on the floor board.

5 hours of work has payed off. The interior is def more quiet is this was done about 8 months ago.

Enjoy
Del

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Update # 2

The goal for the F250 to be versatile to perform well in numerous roles has still been the number one hurdle to try to overcome. The truck has performed very well in the number one role which is to carry myself, my wife and three kids comfortably to any destination of our chooisng.
I added another toy to the stable which has slowed progress on the F250 but has changed and added roles and its versatility.

Here it is towing the new toy home, 69 FJ40 , 4000 mile round trip

I have also added a MAGHYTECH deep aluminum pan to the transmition to help it maintaine it cool, and so far the truck has perfromed flawlessly

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Update # 3

After a few camping trips and long trips to visit families it was decided that we needed to figure out some storage solutions for all our stuff. After much debating and weighing options and prices. I decided to go with an aluminum ARE camper. It has the 2 small compartments on the driver side and it has a long door on the passenger side which basicly opens up the camper. it comes with lights and third break light. All the doors have a toggle that is triggered when the door is lifted up which turns the lights on.
Here is a few pics of the the new shell

shot of the compartments (shell is on the previous owners truck)

interior shot

the paint will be color matched by this weekend. I will post up better pics then

I went ahead and purchased new ties as well
At discount getting new shoes

in mud

in sand

close up

I went with 35x12.5x20 NITTO TRAIL GRAPPLER MTs. So far I am pleased with the purchase. To soon to give an honest report on wear.
In the mud though, they work great. I pulled a trailer with a bundle of 2x4x8 treated lumber (about 250 sticks) and a bundle in the truck and it cut through some very thick stuff effortlessly. In camporison 2 days earlier I tried to get to the same site ( an old filled in pond and could not even come close with no load and no trailer with stock tires. Reason why I bought the tires in the first place.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Excellent choice with the FJ, are you still planning on lifting the Ford or not?
I noticed you have some side steps on there, if you get into some sketcky and rocky sections with your truck, you may lose those steps in an unpleasant manner... lol

SFROMAN

Adventurer
The truck will be lifted with an icon leveling system. The new tires are rubbing at full lock. not enough to cause damage but enough to hear it.
The chrome step bars are on the truck mainly because the kids are in the "I want to get up by myself" stage. The bars help them out. Also the garage is full of mustang parts for another project I have in the back burner so I dont have room.

Bella PSD

Explorer
That ARE DCU is going to look great painted to match. Used shortbed ARE cap like that is hard to find. Your going to love the covered space. It looks to have the carpeted roof too.

Louie

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Bella,
I wanted to buy the one you had for sale but could no tget out of work soon enough to come get it. I found this one in Atlanta for a very good price. I cant wait to get it color matched. The top is already working out great. I will do a write up once I get the inside just how I want it.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Another update

Well I finally snuck away from work to get the new camper shell to the Body shop. I should pick it up tommorrow after work. I bought an 18 foot trailer this week also so that clears up the bed of the truck so now I am going to start building up the inside of the bed. I am going to be insulating carpeting and sound deadening the ARE.
The bed will basicly be a play area for the 1 year old during the day until he learns to walk. It will be a sleeping platform for mysefl and my 2 boys. Once I figure out the rack situation on top of the shell. I am going to be adding a roof top tent for the wife and 5 year old daughter. This will be when the family comes along

I should have some pics of the color matched shell by tommorow.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
color matched

Well I picked up the shell today. What do you full size guys think? I still have to insulate it sound deaden and carpet the inside to match the interior of the cab.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
The Carli suspension is nice. I am going to go with an ICON DYNAMICS 2.5 leveling system. If in the future The Icon is not enough, I will definitley be giving Carli suspension a call. In the mean time I have quite a list of additions I want to tend to.
I will update as I progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles