A little help please

ZR2nit

Adventurer
I have seen 5 or 6 full size trucks around my hometown drivibg around with what I can only describe as a truck topper but only a quarter of the size. It begins at the rear of the cab like a normal one but ends about where a normal over the rail tool box would. Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? I know I live in the deep South of the U.S. but these "toppers" look to good to be home-made.

Thanks

superpowerdave

Adventurer
You're probably seeing 'sleepers' as they were referred to when I was in south Texas. Basically it fits over the bed rails like a tool box but the rear window is removed and it is sealed to the cab so one can crawl back and take a nap. They were really popular with the hot-shots and runners down south - made it easy to just pull into a parking lot and rest.

I've seen cheap bare-bone sleepers and then I've seen full-blown, interior lighting and auxiliary power with door into the bed sleepers. All depends on what you're looking for.

http://www.cowtownsleepers.com/ is one of the few I remember off-hand, but I'm sure there are lots more.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
You're probably seeing 'sleepers' as they were referred to when I was in south Texas. Basically it fits over the bed rails like a tool box but the rear window is removed and it is sealed to the cab so one can crawl back and take a nap. They were really popular with the hot-shots and runners down south - made it easy to just pull into a parking lot and rest.

I've seen cheap bare-bone sleepers and then I've seen full-blown, interior lighting and auxiliary power with door into the bed sleepers. All depends on what you're looking for.

http://www.cowtownsleepers.com/ is one of the few I remember off-hand, but I'm sure there are lots more.

Yeap I just clicked on the link and you and Lynn are spot on. Thats what I'm talking about. I was wanting to get one b/c when I take my brother with me off-roading/traveling it would be great to but his wheelchair in to keep it dry. But I own a GMC Sonoma ZR2 so I doubt I could find one to fit my truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94