Something's '08 Nissan Frontier Build....SAR specific

Something

Adventurer
Well, as suggested by Mike, here is the start of my build thread.
Sorry if it is boring here at first but I refuse to let it die on the vine and listing my future mods will hold me accountable!
Enjoy. Stealing a lot of this from others but hopefully the complete package will be unique.

Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier 4wd Crew Cab Long bed (6') SE
Color: Avalanche (white)/grey cloth
Year: 2008
Purchased new July of 2008
Miles to date: 10,300

Tires: 285/75 R16 Maxxis Bighorn
Wheels: Stock (no plans to change...but way down on the list is to powdercoat them black)
Trans: Automatic

CURRENT MODIFICATIONS:
PRG 2" front spacer
PRG 1.5" rear block
Garmen Nuvi GPS unit..windshield mount...plan to permanently install
removed mud flaps
rear tow hook
painted front grill black
K&N air filter (drop in)
Husky floor mats
dash mounted compass
Shovel mounted on bed extender
jumper cables, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, tow strap under backseat
HiLift...need to DIY mount this to my bed extender. Will post results!

Future Mods:
Currently unavailable but I'm on the wait list from AdventureTrailers.com: (2) fuel can holders...1 will be for fuel, the other for water. They will mount to the utilitrac similar to Squall Line's install.

Trail-gear.com Rock Sliders...Ordered! Waiting for delivery then need to paint, add grip tape and find a welder

All Shrockworks skids...will be ~$800...will likely do this in stages as that's a big chunk for me to fork over at once.

Kennesaw rear bumper @ $340
Have decided to keep the front bumper stock until it's beat to death or I get bored.

White Rhino light bar with Hellas (have the Hellas)...need the light bar.

Last edited:

mrstang01

Adventurer
I'd rethink the Kennesaw Mtn bumpers until you do a lot of research on the net, unless you are neighbors.

Michael

Clark White

Explorer
I have done a good bit of research.

What do you mean by 'unless you are neighbors'?

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know quite a few people have had problems with the fit and quality of their products, and been charged for shipping both back to Kennesaw and back to them once the fixes have been made. From what I've seen they make good looking products that don't fit for a damn. So if your neighbors it’s great because you only have to carry it next door, but if you have to ship it, you may be in for a lot of UPS charges.

Clark

Something

Adventurer
I can't speak from personal experience, but I know quite a few people have had problems with the fit and quality of their products, and been charged for shipping both back to Kennesaw and back to them once the fixes have been made. From what I've seen they make good looking products that don't fit for a damn. So if your neighbors it’s great because you only have to carry it next door, but if you have to ship it, you may be in for a lot of UPS charges.

Clark

hmm..ok..good to know

Unfortunately, there aren't many (any) other options for my truck's rear bumper. Shrockworks still hasn't developed one. There's always the custom route but that's not my bag.

We'll see.

Something

Adventurer
Going to Sams Club after work to pick up a Super Flow MV50 Air Compressor.

:)

Also going to look around at fire extinguishers.

May swing by Lowe's or Home Depot to see what my options are for a compact shovel and an axe.
I have a Gerber axe but I think I'd like something a little tougher.

bigdog

Adventurer
You should find an entrenching tool, you can get them online, and local amry surplus, or even at some chains like National Tool, or BassPro.

26825.jpg

I keep one of these in my truck at all times, and a D handle shovel on the trailer. But this little tool folds up nice for storage, and doubles as a latrine!

Oh yea, and post some pix - will ya!

Something

Adventurer
Pics on the way.
I'm out of town (without the truck) for the rest of the week.
I do have a ************ Chevy Cobalt rental though!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne