Bronco?

TacoTraveler

Adventurer
Hmm... Those 33s are fitting pretty well on your Bronco. I'm thinking for now just getting the 2.5" lift and some 33s.
I don't need a lot of flexing, but I would still like to have a full range of motion in case I see something cool. Although if this full range of motion is going to cost me my 33x15.5 tires then maybe it isn't so important...
I could just go with 33x13.5 instead...

bronconite

Observer
Hmm... Those 33s are fitting pretty well on your Bronco. I'm thinking for now just getting the 2.5" lift and some 33s.
I don't need a lot of flexing, but I would still like to have a full range of motion in case I see something cool. Although if this full range of motion is going to cost me my 33x15.5 tires then maybe it isn't so important...
I could just go with 33x13.5 instead...

I should note that in the pics I don't have the front bumper on. I took it off that day because I knew I'd be pushing it. Many trim the bumper ends. You can make it look very good if you take your time. Also, any width 33 will rub the radius arm and probably the sway bar. You can just live with it as it won't chew up your tire because they are smooth surfaces. Or you can set your steering stops out a bit which is what I did. I still rub a little at full lock, but it's minor. Just keep in mind that the wider the tire is, the larger you turning radius will be.

TacoTraveler

Adventurer
I should note that in the pics I don't have the front bumper on. I took it off that day because I knew I'd be pushing it. Many trim the bumper ends. You can make it look very good if you take your time. Also, any width 33 will rub the radius arm and probably the sway bar. You can just live with it as it won't chew up your tire because they are smooth surfaces. Or you can set your steering stops out a bit which is what I did. I still rub a little at full lock, but it's minor. Just keep in mind that the wider the tire is, the larger you turning radius will be.

Will the 33s rub with the 2.5" lift?

I know it will get wider, but with sand you can just gas it and do a mean 180 turn! :smiley_drive:

12husky

Adventurer
I think a bronco is an awesome platform to start with (I own 2). When I built for a mud purpose truck, solid front axle was the way to go around here, but for trails, fire roads, and highways, the TTB can take you a long way. If you want to find a lot of great ideas on how to improve the TTB, check out the BroncoSpeed section at fullsizebronco.com

~Matt

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
We did many a week to 2 week trips with ours and with the back seat removed, had plenty of room to sleep/haul gear around

433046870_eNoEG-L-1.jpg

Plus, I loved how roomy it was on the inside and that big back tailgate made for a great campsite cook station!

Now that 351W didnt get too good of fuel mileage, but it would climb anything we put in front of it

CapelConcepts

Observer
A Bronco will be an awesome expedition platform! The issue with the tire rub that everyone is speaking of really doesn't have to do with the lift height...as is does on most other vehicles. The reason the tires rub on Bronco (and all other TTB and Twin I-Beam suspensions) is because the radius arms (the arms that run parallel to the frame rails) have just enough of a bend in them to clear tires just a little larger than the stock tires on wheels with stock back spacing. When you increase the diameter of the tire, the width of the tire, and most importantly decrease the back spacing of the wheel you increase the likely hood of the tires rubbing. As someone said earlier though, there are no sharp edges on the radius arms...so they just make a lot of noise.

Here's a couple of Desert Style Bronco's for some ideas of what can be done.
2.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

Broncos are one of the more popular prerunners in the desert racing arena.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I love that extended Bronco! Kinda reminds me of the Safari Pacific Ranger body change, on a bigger scale. Would love to see that rig finished.

T

Totenkopf

I love Broncos...my dad had a couple late model Boncos when I was a little kid, and they're one of my favorite trucks ever.

TacoTraveler

Adventurer
Well hopefully my Bronco will be moving soon. Because it has been sitting for so long the battery has gone down, internal cell damage.

Things to do:
-Bleed brakes and maybe replace master.
-New tires
-Burn the old gas off.
-New battery
-Do a little tweaking

I want it up and running!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94