Hand pump for 5 gallon water bottle?

daverami

Explorer
I also just set up a 2gal bug sprayer hot water shower for less than $34 at Lowe's. They had a nice bug sprayer that was on clearance for $19, then I just added a 6ft braided hose, hose clamps, teflon tape, an elbow joint garden nozzle adapter and a garden nozzle sprayer.

What a great idea! How do you heat it up?

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
What a great idea! How do you heat it up?

I just fill it with water, set it on my coleman stove with the pump off (so it doesn't pressurize and explode), and wait about 5-10 min. I'm going to add an aquarium stick-on thermometer to it so that I can see the temperature, and be more accurate about how long I want it on the stove. I have yet to test it in the field, but at home tests have been incredible.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
These super siphon gizmos look interesting. Don't really need to fit it to a specific neck either.

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/supersiphon/

Yep, the super siphon is (or some other brand just like it) what I use and love. I have one for gas and one for water. So far Lowe's has had the best price at $6. I was glad to see that tidbit of knowledge has already helped one fellow Expo member. The siphon is great because it is light, easily packed and very versatile. Also, the water flow is very fast.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Added the aquarium thermometer to the tank this morning before work. It looks to be working already, but I will need to run more tests when I get home. It's not a necessary item but for $4 I thought it was a nice touch. You can just as easily just touch the tank since it would take quite a while to get near dangerous temperatures with water in the tank. Even if you sat it there too long it won't get above 212 degrees F as long as it is filled with water.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
I thought I would post up images of my hot water shower setup for anyone who was interested. Works great, heats up quickly, easily adjustable pressure and flow, thermometer is a great indicator of when it is close to the right temp. since it only goes to about 90 degrees. Let me know what you think.

Sorry that some of the shots are junk. It's late and bad lighting. It gets the idea across.

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
What sprayer is that?
I want to replace the one on my Zodi.

I just picked up a 2 gal. bug sprayer that was on sale at Lowe's for $19. I talk a bit about the build earlier in this thread. If you search for hot water showers on here you will come up with a bunch of different suppliers of various bug sprayers that would work. Some are more expensive than others, but most fall under $50. I'll see if I can find the link to some of these.

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
No not the tank, I have a Zodi.
I mean the shower head portion of it.

Oh, sorry. I just picked up the cheapest garden nozzle I could find. For longevity and sealing it might be better to pick up a nicer one, but so far I've had no issues. All I need was a few adaptors from the hose section of the store and a hose clamp to finish and seal the system.

fifty

Adventurer
So its been a couple years. ANyone have any updates on the 5 gallon jug hand pump? About to order one up, wanted to see what the census is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94