two used Earthroamer XV-JPs offered for sale

haven

Expedition Leader
The Earthroamer site is showing two used XV-JP models for sale. See http://www.earthroamer.com

The first is a white 2007 that was used for a trip to El Camino del Diablo in Arizona, then retired to duty as a demonstrator at the Earthroamer showroom. Here it is in a field behind the factory in Broomfield CO.

XVJP85K.jpg

The asking price is $86K for a vehicle with 2100 miles. Looks like you get a very new set of tires, too.

The second is the original green XV-JP, the unit that Earthroamer staff drove to Central America as a proof-of-concept demonstration. Later, this vehicle was used by the staff of the "American Xplorer" TV show while they were filming in Central America.

xv-jpintikal.jpg

This vehicle has about 30K miles on the clock. Asking price is $60K.

The price of a new XV-JP model is $110K before options, so these two vehicles represent a substantial savings.

Chrysler's limited lifetime warranty is available to the first registered owner of new vehicles purchased after July 26, 2007. It would be worth checking if theses vehicles were registered, of if Earthroamer uses "manufacturer" plates.

Chip Haven

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I think I saw the white one while I was out there in October. Different wheels, but I'd wager its the same vehicle. I love these things. If it was in the budget, I'd scoop the white one up.

2951293575_8163ee1e42.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
I know Earthroamer makes continuous improvements to their vehicles. Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the XV-JP of two years ago and today's version?

Doin_It

Adventurer
Haven..............look seeing you know you want/need another veh. just phone them up, get the scoop, and leave your credit card #for a deposit and then go get it. It's not so hard, just an esy payment plan. I'm mean it was the easy payment palns that got the rest of the US in trouble wan't it.:)

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Having had a chance to drive EW's XV-JP a bit, I can say I really, really like these models. Quite nimble for what they are.

Those prices seem like a steal to me.

-H-

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I know Earthroamer makes continuous improvements to their vehicles. Does anyone know if there are significant differences between the XV-JP of two years ago and today's version?
My '07 XV-JP is number 3 of the series, and it is not significantly different from the new ones. The biggest change is the tent is now a slightly different design (fewer windows) and a different material. So I suspect that the newer white demo is pretty much up to current spec.

The situation with the older green one (number one, I assume) is different, I think, based on differences between mine and the pictures of the XV-JP shown on the ER website. The interior shown looks to have differences in the tent structure and several interior items. Mine does not, for example, have the "electronics panel" on the driver's side; what's on the panel on the original is spread around different places. And the storage arrangement is consequently different. (Of course, I can't say whether ER might have changed anything on the green one "post-pictures.")

Powdaze

Observer
I absolutely love the XV-JP but damn those things are overpriced. I thought my wife's LC was bad, or an Audi R8, but $110K + options for one of those takes the biscuit. Still very cool though.

gjackson

FRGS
ER also has a very nice trade back JP in their showroom. It is black with a matching black adventure trailer. Very MIB!
:Wow1:

cheers

zimm

Expedition Leader
ER also has a very nice trade back JP in their showroom. It is black with a matching black adventure trailer. Very MIB!
:Wow1:

cheers

148g.... and apparently after 1 year and 30k miles it will devalue 80k of it... (assuming they actually get 60k for the test mule). seems a bit spendy.

the good news is, if you pulled 130g out of your retirement last year to buy one, youre really no worse for wear considering the market.... how about that for the last laugh!

...im sure theres a lesson in there somewhere. damned if i can make it out. lifes a mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doin_It

Adventurer
Here's a way to save another $2000 on your purchase. So buy just the truck, less the trailer, then go to AT trailer, buy a new Chaser with every option they have listed, including a RTT, a $2000 option (which ER doesn't have on thier trailer, plus other items) and you've saved over $2000 dollars so you've now got more bang for your buck. Gas money for the year.

Last edited:

CLynn85

Explorer
Apparently the Green Demo truck is still up for grabs. SOOOOO wish I had the extra to pick that up, I'd be set!

Scott Brady

Founder
I am thinking of buying the white 07 XV-JP if family situation allows.
Question, does the passenger (wife) seat adjust (lean back)?
Have the hardwear and matterials held up in your vehicles?
Anyone had to sleep in one without opening the tent?
Thanks in advance for answers. Erwin

Yes, the passenger seat does tilt back - some. If the wife is short, she can pull the seat forward and then lean back more.

So far, the Jeep has been pretty reliable. Only real issues was with the tent (leaking), but ER seems to have resolved that now with a cool rain fly, etc.

I have slept several nights in the back without the top up. Not that bad, but only for one person.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
I have slept several nights in the back without the top up. Not that bad, but only for one person.

haha - I did that one night in a hotel parking lot during a rain storm. I was on the floor in the back using my jacket as a pillow with my feet up on the center console. It felt like a coffin. You're a better man than me.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
haha - I did that one night in a hotel parking lot during a rain storm. I was on the floor in the back using my jacket as a pillow with my feet up on the center console. It felt like a coffin. You're a better man than me.
CHRIS, ME BOYO! :wings:

Yeah, buddy, you are the reigning expert on XV-JP floor sleeping. But that also puts you first in line to pilot test the new layout which I ought to have finished up by, oh, 2017 at the rate things are going. ;)

Seriously, #03's gonna have a nice cushy bed in the cabin by spring, about 32x72. Make plans to fly out this summer to test it.

Best,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles