4" HID vs PIAA 5192

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Yeah you can. I was out in Burlington for the weekend and I went to the advance auto parts, they don't stock them. So I went to the other one 15 miles away, and they don't stock them either. I asked the guy at the counter about them, and it's not something they or any other store in new england would stock; only a factory direct order - which would take weeks to fulfill. And then I'd have to drive two hours out there again to pick them up.

I think I'll stick with my KC Daylighters

Interesting!

I thought you were in search of a brighter light!:coffeedrink:

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
I know, I was more anxious to be out there more for picking up some cool HID lights than I was to spend the weekend away with my girlfriend :D

I'm kinda hoping that I'll stumble across someone selling them at some point in time and I'll pick them up. I really don't NEED them, but I want to play with 'em and see how well they do. I already have a plethora of daylighters on my truck, but I liked the idea of the less power-hungry HIDs

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
http://www.partsamerica.com/StoreLocator.aspx

throw in your zip code and call in the order.

If you call in, you automatically get 10% off even if it's on sale. not a bad deal.
I love the KC dayliters.150 watt 385,000 cdlp each dam good light.
DSC01046.jpg

Superu

Explorer
So, what exactly is the issue with partsamerica.com? I think I missed something in this thread.

4" = $94
[

7" = $99

Vermonster

Observer
Just a note for those trying to order from partsamerica. Apparently they changed their web address. The site looks the same. With any luck they'll be better about shipping product rather than canceling orders.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/

VT

Last edited:

Vermonster

Observer
Adding:
I ordered from the new web address and received 4" lights in about 7 days. Have not installed yet so can't comment on function. One thing that is clear is that you will need a fair amount of room to the rear of the mounting bolt as these things have quite a bit of depth to them.

VT

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
Adding:
I ordered from the new web address and received 4" lights in about 7 days. Have not installed yet so can't comment on function. One thing that is clear is that you will need a fair amount of room to the rear of the mounting bolt as these things have quite a bit of depth to them.

VT

Good to know, although I still won't be ordering from them. Three bad experiences was enough for me to never go back.

ChrisInVT

Adventurer
So, what exactly is the issue with partsamerica.com? I think I missed something in this thread.

4" = $94
[

7" = $99

Wow, haha - they now think they're worth $134/ea. I was going to give them a FOURTH CHANCE to screw up and cancel my order; but there's no way they're worth $70 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles