Lets see some "set up" Regular Camper shells

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Just a full size mattress, some 12v outlets in the back of the bed, homemade rear awning from a tarp, painting poles, and 1/4"-20 Stainless steel eyelets.
I installed heavy duty snaps to attach the tarp to the top of the camper shell so i dont have to use the bungee cords anymore. Lets me pull all the slack out of the awning better.

Last edited:

RangerXLT

Adventurer
Finally broke down and purchased a camp time roll-a-cot. I had the intention of modifying it, but to my surprise is fit perfect. Their specs clearly say 74", and I measured my bed a hundred times wanting to make this cot work. Turns out it's more like 72".
9ugabaju.jpg
5yqe9yta.jpg
hasu3e9y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SightPicture

Observer
That IS a nice feeling, having a cot that fits. I have a few military cots and was thinking that one would fit in my bed. When I test fit it it just made it with the tailgate up. With the bedrug it's nice and snug and doesn't move at all. I got to see if I can find a picture.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
This is one of the only ones I could find that didn't have a center leg. Plus in the summer heat it's nice to just sleep with no bedding, the material breaths perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wolf

How the heck to do you post images on here? Every time I make an attempt to post a JPEG image, this site makes me refresh the page and log in again, then tells me that the action failed. I wanted to post some pics of my project to show you guys.

Seabass

Idiot
How the heck to do you post images on here? Every time I make an attempt to post a JPEG image, this site makes me refresh the page and log in again, then tells me that the action failed. I wanted to post some pics of my project to show you guys.

I've been using the tapatalk app. I have an iPhone and iPad. It's the only easy way I could ever find to post.

Wolf

I've been using the tapatalk app. I have an iPhone and iPad. It's the only easy way I could ever find to post.
I use the app to post pictures as well its easier.

Hey thanks guys, this app is pretty awesome, I appreciate the heads up. This is my project for building out my camper shell. The camper shell is an ARE Overland on my 2014 F-150 extended cab XLT 4x4. My bed/storage drawer is almost complete, I just have to paint it (OD green), install the 5' full extension drawer glides and 2 slide bolts to secure the drawer on either side when closed. I am also going to add a table at the head of the bed, and a shelf for a battery bank along the left side of the box as you are looking at it. As you can see I got a twin sized mattress to fit on top, so it should sleep comfortably. Also I can get the majority of my camping gear in the drawer, so it organizes and stores my gear wonderfully. There is also a divider in the drawer to help keep gear from moving, as well as to make it more sturdy. The entire structure is built from 3/4" cabinet grade ply wood, and is screwed together and quite solid. I searched the internet to find inspiration for my project, and found it here on this forum, which is why I decided to join and see what other ideas I could get from you guys, thanks for posting all of your cool project pictures and suggestions.

Truck Build Out I.jpg Truck Build Out II.jpg

Last edited:

buzzhead8189

Observer
By amateur you mean "affordable, practical, and doesn't ruin the functionality of your truck." ;-)

And not only that, it has totally changed the game for me. I get out and explore way more often. I go and do more things. No more hassle of tents and campgrounds and even ground and good weather. Just dive in the back and sleep! Plus I can still use my truck as a truck.

Seabass

Idiot
Yes sir! One of my favorite threads ever! Glad to see it doin somethin again! I get my crap lined out and I'm gonna post some pics!

11MPG

Currently just been using an Air mattress. Need to figure out some sorta box which shouldn't be too hard cause the 8x4 rules of a pickup apply to this.
IMG_20150425_094900795_zpsgtlskvbb.jpg

IMG_20140928_081509_zpsts714key.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles