After Amicalola: Reflections & Photos

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What a good time; I can't really say how many rigs showed up for our combination light-wheeling/camping weekend ---- we occupied 4 campsites and also had day-trippers. The Georgia Trail Riders also joined us late in the day on Saturday on Old Bucktown Road.
It was a great weekend of sight-seeing, playing with our trucks, and meeting new people. The interweb's ability to bring people together is one of its best benefits.

Thank you ExPo; thank you, members who made the trip.

Random shots to warm you up:

100_2052.jpg

100_2087.jpg

100_2118-1.jpg

100_2089.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2107.jpg

100_2119.jpg

Copy2of100_2215.jpg

timaus13

Observer
Thankyou for sharing ure trip, looking forward to seeing where else u all go to for a trip.

cheers Mate

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
We also had a good time despite the fact that we arrived so late on Saturday. Sunday was a fun day with michaels and a few others. I've got a lot to learn, but you gotta start somewhere, eh?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
We also had a good time despite the fact that we arrived so late on Saturday. Sunday was a fun day with michaels and a few others. I've got a lot to learn, but you gotta start somewhere, eh?
I don't have board-names matching in my head with real names... ...who are you and what were you driving...

pnorvell

Adventurer

P2010022.jpg

P2010023.jpg

P2010024.jpg

P2010025.jpg

P2010026.jpg

P2010027.jpg

P2010028.jpg

That's all folks. That was one of the best trips I've been. Interesting fire pit discussion topics, good food, great time.

cosmiccharlie

Explorer
I don't have board-names matching in my head with real names... ...who are you and what were you driving...
I am Charles from Montgomery, we arrived late saturday afternoon in a grey Discovery and yellow FJ. We missed out on the campfire. We will have to join in next time! Sounds like a good time!

BMThiker

SE Expedition Society
more pics

I'm going to try and upload pics that don't duplicate what we already have in this thread. I too was drooling over the MOGs so I won't post any more of those...:)

DSC03629.jpg

DSC03632.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03641.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

DSC03645.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

MikenBama

Hey,

Thanks to michaels for giving me the heads up on discoweb about the trip and to Hilldweller for being the ringmaster around camp. Kristy and I had a great time. It was nice to put faces (and trucks) with names. We both enjoyed the trails and hanging out at camp. Special thanks to Tennmogger for waiting up for us before rolling into camp on Friday afternoon. I will post a couple pics when I get home. Most of mine are fairly lame.

On a side note, I noticed a bunch of y'all grumbling about no cell signal. I wanna give a thumbs up to a device I bought last year that seems to have fixed that problem for me. On a techy board I sometimes poke around on, I followed some threads about cell phone amps that used Motorola/Cyfre technology. They are sold under a variety of brand names. I bought a generic one on eBay, rigged it per some online coaching, and it worked so well I bought another. It is intended as a hardwired device but I found that if you use an adapter you can plug the cheesy antenna that came with it into the input side and add a high-gain antenna on the other side and voila, no bars becomes one or two bars. One bar becomes four. I was going to mention this while we were camping, but never got around to it. I think I have around $220 invested in each set up. I keep one permanently in my Nismo and the other I drag from truck to truck. It comes with a lighter plug for 12 volt DC use. I had a solid two bars on Sprint the whole trip. I think there are some FCC restrictions regarding antenna use, but this thing has been a real asset. Now I apparently have to go old school and get a CB if I want to be one of the cool kids on the trail.

Thanks again for a fun ride,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94