Coffee pot

I've got a couple of the plastic cone filter holders, one for a #2 and one for a #4 filter. They work just fine and weigh next to nothing.

kai38

Explorer
This is what I use when traveling & camping.
35aa7f6023262d533638672d7ebca598.jpg

I've even brought a small backpacking stove into hotel rooms so I can make a good strong cup of coffee in the morning.
They come in different sizes
Stove%20Top%20Espresso%20Pots.jpg

Insides of pot
italian_coffee_espresso_pot_3_pieces.jpg

Last edited:

articulate

Expedition Leader
...But out in the backcountry and on the road I use a pour through "coffee maker." It's a plastic cone shaped filter holder that sits ontop of your cup, thermos or pot.

I like these because they're small, light and easy to clean up.

https://shop.melitta.com/search.asp?SKW=MACM

I'm with you. I like this method. Similarly, Ortlieb has a filter holder that folds flat - so it's even more compact. Good piece of coffee kit.

coffee.jpg

Blueberry

Hi, I have a web site about coffee makers and I have just recently put up a page about different types of travel coffee makers that can be used without any electricity.

If you would like to have a look, I would really love to get some feedback about the page.

Thanks.

Blueberry

Thanks for all your feedback. I really appreciate it. I have added a section about Turkish coffee as one of you suggested.

off.track

Adventurer
This is what I use when traveling & camping.
35aa7f6023262d533638672d7ebca598.jpg

I've even brought a small backpacking stove into hotel rooms so I can make a good strong cup of coffee in the morning.
They come in different sizes
Stove%20Top%20Espresso%20Pots.jpg

Insides of pot
italian_coffee_espresso_pot_3_pieces.jpg

i have an aluminum one just like that (barista brand) and an SS IKEA one that i use at home. they are espresso makers. in latin america they are called cubanos. good strong coffee.. i can't drink anything else anymore.. :coffeedrink:

for backpacking i'd really suggest the bagged coffee.. comes in tea like envelopes.. it's just the easiest way, imho. i use 2 at a time.

sometimes i also like to dump gronds in and boil them for a time.. that's the cowboy, italian, cuban or turkish way.. use super fine grounds and most of them will become like mud and stick to the pot/cup/mug. not much in your teeth. :costumed-smiley-007

matt s

Explorer
I'm in the coffee business. I'm a real snob when it comes to coffee. But I also like to travel as light and simple as possible.

I like a French press at home, where it's easy to clean up. But out in the backcountry and on the road I use a pour through "coffee maker." It's a plastic cone shaped filter holder that sits ontop of your cup, thermos or pot.

I like these because they're small, light and easy to clean up.

https://shop.melitta.com/search.asp?SKW=MACM

p743.jpg

X1000000. Likely the best 4 bucks spent on my coffee addiction to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles