Hi-Lift Neoprene Cover

superpowerdave

Adventurer
Maybe I'm just lucky ... mine lives very comfortably in the back seat of my DII strapped down and doesn't rattle an iota.

My wife, however, is looking at mounting her jack outside and this could be a useful addition as each time I've been on the trail with a guy who has his mounted in the elements and he needs it it is failure over function.

A little hi-lift prophylactic would be helpful in keeping out the sand, dust, snow, ice etc along the way :)

esh

Explorer
I hope it stops or at least masks some of the mechanism rattles, I've got a hi-lift mounted on the inside of my FJ40 and it can get annoying, I've to a series of strapping around in now just to stop the rattles.

Get one of those plastic handle keepers you slide down the arm and over the handle. Works great, especially for inside.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I always keep mine mounted inside, keeps it out of the environment and with the HiLift cover onit--no rattle

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Crookthumb

Adventurer
I hope it stops or at least masks some of the mechanism rattles, I've got a hi-lift mounted on the inside of my FJ40 and it can get annoying, I've to a series of strapping around in now just to stop the rattles.

I've seen guys take a little bungee from the base to the lifting foot back to the base to get rid of the rattles, that and a handle keeper should get rid of most of the rattles.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Get one of those plastic handle keepers you slide down the arm and over the handle. Works great, especially for inside.

Have had the Daystar ones on their for quite some time. That took care of the handle rattle, but the mechanism still rattles.

I've seen guys take a little bungee from the base to the lifting foot back to the base to get rid of the rattles, that and a handle keeper should get rid of most of the rattles.

Similar to what I'm currently doing, I've got a web strap wrapped around the mechanism and cinched down, it works but was hoping for something that protects at the same time.

Yes, I'm a freak about rattles, especially inside the 40 because the acoustics amplify everything in that big fiberglass top.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
My method for stopping rattles has been to leave it on the outside of the LJ for so long that it is practically frozen, but still works (barely). No rattles:wings:, but not overly safe.:Wow1:

As for handle snubbers, I have still have the original Rubber snubber that was made by some guy as a side project long before daystar and hi-lift came out with theirs. It is by no means as nice, but it was cheap and has done the job for years.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
I use the foot as the hold-down plate for my spare tire carrier. That solved that rattle. Leaving the rest of it in the driveway solved the rest. :rolleyes:

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I am looking forward to the release of this product as I believe this would have saved me from rebuilding mine. I love new ideas/designs.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
These are now on the open market. Just do a google for Hi-Lift neoprene cover.

L_5940.jpg

112092-lg.jpg

131_0903_15_z+march_2009_truck_parts+hi_lift_jack_bag.jpg

go4aryd

Adventurer
The sleeve does not appear to be available until Mar 10 - saw several sites taking pre-orders. Don't know if they have them in stock at the moment or not (guessing not).

CharlieV

Adventurer
I purchased mine directly from Hi-Lift last week, it came in the mail while I was on the road. I put it on (installed would imply more work than it actually required) yesterday. It doesn't appear to be water-tight in the least, but is still worth the $30 or so it cost. My Hi-Lift is currently mounted vertically to the rear of my jeep, but I think the cover will work far better on a horizontally mounted jack. I think I finally figured out how to get a photo in a low enough resolution (correct term?) to post. Please excuse the rusty swing-out, I have yet to paint the add-ons.

Attachments

• photo of hilift cover.JPG
    photo of hilift cover.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 97

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I purchased mine directly from Hi-Lift last week, it came in the mail while I was on the road. I put it on (installed would imply more work than it actually required) yesterday. It doesn't appear to be water-tight in the least, but is still worth the $30 or so it cost. My Hi-Lift is currently mounted vertically to the rear of my jeep, but I think the cover will work far better on a horizontally mounted jack. I think I finally figured out how to get a photo in a low enough resolution (correct term?) to post. Please excuse the rusty swing-out, I have yet to paint the add-ons.

Yeah, the NJC will not eliminate water and dirt ingestion, however, they off more protection than leaving the pins exposed to the elements. I agree that this cover is more suited for the horizontally mounted jacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier