Hi-Lift Neoprene Cover

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Being Neoprene, I wonder how they will take to the baking sun and freezing temps of our continent. Neoprene, like so many plastics doesn't like UVs and doesn't like to be frozen and thawed a lot.

Wonder how the constant pulling on and off will wear it as well. I talked to their sales rep to get a sample one to test up here in Kanukistan's winters and the constant heat it would get with my numerous desert trips and I would submit a write up with photos to OJ and copy to them. He said no thanks!

So, I bought some black ballistic nylon (UV safe), same stuff back-packs up here are made of and tough luggage, at a local camping store for $4 Kunuk buks and some Velcro for $2.99 and bribed the HB to sew it up for me. Nice custom tight fit, on and off in a jiff, easily washable in any creek/lake, drip dry.

I'll post up a photo one it gets light out! Done!

Attachments

• Covered.JPG
    Covered.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Inside.JPG
    Inside.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Outside.JPG
    Outside.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Superu

Explorer
Nice setup.

Though, I really like JackGuard

Took my hi-lift out of the case for the first time in 7 months last week and it was in excellent shape. The case doesn't trap moisture, remains "relatively" sand free inside after many beach trips and makes the whole thing very easy to carry if I need to switch between vehicles.

Last edited:

Scoutman

Explorer
Kicking up an old thread. I just wanted to post up what ~3+ yrs of being exposed to the weather does to one of these boots. This has been mounted in the back of my truck (horizontal) and I'm looking for other options or if I should just plan to buy another neoprene version every few years. It has always kept the mechanicals clean functioning properly so I have no real complaints other than the degradation.

I liked the simple solution a few post up and may have to look into that as a potential replacement.

IMG_20150408_115743_282.jpg

Faolan

I was in a cheap shop a few years back and saw a laptop cover with zip for about $5...

Few years on and its showing wear, mounted on side of the 4runner but garaged when not in use..

Will just make another one when it dies but must admit I can't say I piloted the sewing machine when the first one was done so I should say will speak nicely to wifey to make another....

Canvas panels or similar down the sides might be the go to protect this area that wears but still have the stretch of neoprene to give the tight fit...

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The best of both worlds--

Though, I really like JackGuard

Took my hi-lift out of the case for the first time in 7 months last week and it was in excellent shape. The case doesn't trap moisture, remains "relatively" sand free inside after many beach trips and makes the whole thing very easy to carry if I need to switch between vehicles.

The Jackguard insulates/isolates/protects and is easy to mount/place/transfer/strap down---

may12HiLift004.jpg

I've used it in my jeep/trailer/truck and it's always easy to secure, having the HD plastic "Handled" case--

I've had mine for at least 3 years and I've modified the "hatch" for locking/security-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I consider my neoprene cover to be "sacrificial". I just replaced mine after 2-3 years of use mounted on the ARB bumper of my T4R.
I'm going to try using some 303 Protectant on the new one and see if it helps prevent some of the fading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne