Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

wyojoe

Adventurer
Here it is a little over four hours later and the 63 quart model is sold out again.
A moment ago, they still had the 80 quart model.

I just checked the site again, and they once again have both the 63 and the 83 quart models available:

http://www.openboxdirect.com/FP630-...ault,pd.html?cgid=Appliances-Scratch_and_Dent
http://www.openboxdirect.com/Edgest...ault,pd.html?cgid=Appliances-Scratch_and_Dent

It doesn't say how many of each they have, so if you're truly interested, it's time to act. They seem to go quickly.

Guri

Explorer
Hi, I'm interested to buy one of these fridges. We are four in my family and I would like to ask what is the ideal size, 63 qt is ok or I need a bigger one?
Thanks

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
The 63 is probably fine for your needs. My wife & I are fine with our 43, but we're not the type who thinks that ALL of our week's worth of drinks have to be cold at all times. We use the large basket for our food or tall liquid containers, and we use the small basket for drinks. As we take drinks from the small basket to consume them, we replace them with warm ones. We've never needed a bigger fridge than this - it already takes up a ton of room in the back of our 4-door JK so I wouldn't want one any bigger, although externally the 63 quart model isn't that much larger.

TurboChris

Adventurer
I have the 63 and it lives in the rear of my Suburban. It will hold something like 65 cans of soda....if that gives you any reference. I could have got the 43 and it would have been big enough for my needs....camping for 2-3 days with 2-4 people, but I decided to err on the side of larger rather than smaller. If I were you I'd go with the 63 I think, although either "should" suffice. What kind of vehicle is it going in?

Last edited:

frfun

If the option is available, is it better to power this Edgestar fridge on 12 volt DC or 110 volt AC from an inverter installed in the vehicle?

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
If the option is available, is it better to power this Edgestar fridge on 12 volt DC or 110 volt AC from an inverter installed in the vehicle?

An inverter would needlessly add another consumption of power, raising the amperage draw on the battery versus simply running the fridge right off the battery.
My fridge has run for 3 days in summer heat without having to fire up the engine to recharge my Deka AGM battery; rarely do I stay in one place that long, so it works fine for me.
The fridge has a low-voltage cutoff to prevent itself from running long enough to discharge your battery to the point where it can't restart the engine.

Guri

Explorer
Thanks for the fast response to all!!

Now is a big question, is worth to buy an extended warranty or not?

Last edited:

koly

Observer
Last edited:

Finlay

Triarius
My 63qt arrived. It was dropped during shipping, and it's pretty dinged up.

Seems to work OK, though there is a broken hinge. We'll see what the customer service is like, I guess.

It's pretty sweet though. I think it's going to work very well for us.

pyrate

Rollin' along
When in campgrounds requiring food to be placed in bear proof lockers, what do you do with your fridge? Is it treated like a fridge in a RV and you can leave it in your vehicle or do you have move it to the locker?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but seemed like a lot of users of fridges would be able to weigh in.

Joker

Adventurer
When in campgrounds requiring food to be placed in bear proof lockers, what do you do with your fridge?

Yea I'm curious also, you hear stories that the bears out west know what coolers are and will rip into cars to get to them, do they do the same to these?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
My 63qt arrived. It was dropped during shipping, and it's pretty dinged up.

Seems to work OK, though there is a broken hinge. We'll see what the customer service is like, I guess.

It's pretty sweet though. I think it's going to work very well for us.

Seems a little extreme for "scratch and dent" merch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online