Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

dyogim

Explorer
Mike. Here's my old DH race rig:

old%20DH%20rig.jpg

Sold it to by a tranny.

Still have my 99 superv500 turned freeride. sun ringle rims with 2.3 high rollers., mrp guide, white bros triple clamp, 6" disc f & r. I'll post a pics when I get home.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Damn, missed this thread!! I'm Chris, and these are my current rigs. I'm about to sell the AC and get something lighter!

2005 Giant AC-1. Stock except for the 888 fork. Great bike, been riding it hard since day1, never lets me down. I just need something lighter since I have a DH bike now, and the AC is too much for the trails I'm riding.
n1189359345_30343654_3781923.jpg

And here is my new baby. Cannondale Gemini DH. I PC'd the frame in flat black. This bike is a tank!
l_909f0fdf4b0c35cb2cf397c41dc7c4fa.jpg

n1189359345_30227223_9881.jpg

l_ca7820cc6a4aad800557c0f94687216a.jpg

Mike.rider

Observer
my name Michael and i ride several transitions

pics

pbpic2535152.jpg

pbpic2637901.jpg

pbpic2663260.jpg

pbpic2663257.jpg

pbpic2663247.jpg

right now I am down to 4 bikes, Transition Blindside, BottleRocket and Trailor Park and I have a GT moto built as my lake bike.

yubert

Explorer
My name is Yubert and it's been 5 years since I've actively rode my MTB bikes. My favorite local trail was the San Juan Trail. I'm so out of shape, I doubt I could ride up let alone down that trail.

However, I'm planning to get back into MTB and thinking of upgrading my bikes. I like the Santa Cruz Blur and the Lightspeed Niota.

My current rides are a 1998 Klein Manta Race and a 1997 Schwinn S-Carbon, both pictured below.

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

1speed

Explorer
The Fixies

My name is Jim and I have an addiction.
The wife and I went out for a ride this morning so I snapped these. His, Surly Steamroller. Hers, Uno.

P3070006.jpg

P3070007.jpg

More to come later.

mcgovski

Adventurer
my quiver

I want to play...pics are a challenge for me...

Specialized SL2 Tarmac with SRAM Force and Mavic Ksyriums
Kona Kula 29'er Geared
Kona Kula Supreme 26" single speed
Kona Rad Jake Cross Bike x 2

i will attempt pics again later

Chris

Oilburner

Adventurer
Great thread, just in time for spring!

Lots of bikes at our place. I have three old-skool Raleigh 3 speeders rocking around town. You could all me the "fleet administrator". I give/loan them to people and they just keep going, they bring them back when they break, it<s fun to be biking around downtown and see one of your "loaners" chained to a post somewhere!

Andre, your Univega had me doing double takes, it reminds me of one of my favorite bikes. My dad rode an old 63cm frame raleigh road bike all over europe and he had it while we were kids. It got too rough and he hung it up in the rafters and ended up buying a nicer racer, and I eventually laid claim to it. At 6ft4 it was about perfect for my frame, so I built it up and rode it for a few years as my main commuter. But, it was always a little too big for me and I eventually started riding a smaller frame. It got stripped and the frame got hung up for a while. My girlfriend rows competitively and I was at practice one day checking it out and this poor guy, about 6ft 6, shows up on a super small and rusty race bike. Poor guy looked so uncomfortable. So I built up a parts-bin-special racer out of the old raleigh frame and gave it to him. A few years later he's still riding that big blue horse.

My own bike fleet is an 80's bright purple tange frame setup fixed gear with profile deep Vs and Surly hubs, a Trek Fuel 80, an awesome Azonic dirt jump frame I am building up single speed, and an old Pista track bike that my girlfriend has laid claim to...

OneTime

Adventurer
Keith and I ride Giants. A Reign for the dirt and a TCR for the road. Wiffy has the same bikes. Good thing is I can steal parts from her bikes. Bad thing is I spend twice as much on parts.

I always joke with my wife, "If you come home and find my bikes, Land Cruiser and dog gone, be worried. I might not be coming back...."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles