Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Great thread!

My name is John. I don't ride as often as I should, but do any of us?

I will add mine. I have been on the MTB since the early 90's. I have worked my way through about every version and now found my way to single speed. A bit different than most ss builds I think:

On One Summer Season - steel frame, 66 degree head angle
Fox Float 140
SS through the "magic gear"

MTB 002.JPG

Loving it.

Last edited:

Caoboy

Adventurer
Just picked up a pair of Specialized Hardrocks.

My gf is riding a 2011 model, it's her first bike and got her to go out riding with me. She talked big and bad on a quick 6 mile ride, and then we went for my typical 12 mile ride, and she didn't realize that I'm riding local dirt trails around the area and not just flat road...she's learning to ride trails :) Talk about MTB shock...it broke her in real quick that it's an adventure now, not just cruisin'!

I bought a 2012 model, no frills, but better than my Giant Boulder that I road before. I contemplated getting a model with disk brakes but didn't need it for what we do, though now I think maybe it would have been a good investment as it was way cheaper than buying them later. Live and learn? Or just overcomplicating things that I don't need right now?

I handed the Giant Boulder to my bro who was previously riding my Pop's Trek comfort bike lol...he is way more pumped to ride now, the bike is a huge step up (and in the right direction) for what we want to do.

I'm already looking to upgrade (drooling over, rather) to a full suspension bike...but that'll be when I actually need it. For now I'm working my way up to kicking butt on the local trails.

I love biking because it's giving me the exercise I know I need, but I don't have to force myself to workout or go jogging.

Do y'all need pictures? I mean these are just basic bikes, nothing compared to what I've seen being ridden on here.

whistler110

Observer
Hi, my name is Mike and I ride bikes. Here is a selection of some of my bikes I have right now, and a few previous ones.

My newest bike, Kona Entourage

I'm on the right with my DH rig for last summer, a Kona Operator. The rider in the middle is Charlie Boorman of the "Long Way..." series.

My road touring bike on the Oregon coast. It's a Kona Sutra.

My modified Kona Stinky 6

From a few years back, a modified Kona Stinky. This was an 8" travel version. I love snow riding.

At last count there were 20+ bikes in the house. Mountain biking is my lively hood and my wife used to DH race, so we have a few around.

a.mus.ed

Explorer
My name's Cayce. Kinda new to mtb'ing, since my childhood anyway. I'm riding a GT Karakorum 3.0 on the local trails here in Tucson, and to the grocery store, work, etc. I don't have the money for multiple rides, or extravagant mods, but I'm looking to make a couple upgrades once I can find someone to give me some sound advice.

Update: as of April 2012, I've got a new ride. 2011 Specialized Rockhopper Ltd. I'll get a picture up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

96discoXD

Adventurer
Just updating mine since my rides seem to change every so often.

Current rides include
Surly Karate Monkey set up as a 1x9 with SRAM X9/X0 drivetrain and Velocity P35 wheelset
Surly Long Haul Trucker - currently being built with stuff from Rivendell Bike and a sweet set of 40h Velocity Dyad wheels
Cyclocross bike on skinny street tires for now, up for sale.
Older cromoly mountain bike getting build up into a touring/trekking bike
Burley 20th anniversary Encore trailer getting modified for adventure touringcyclocross 2.jpgSurly Karate Monkey.jpgSurly Long Haul Trucker.JPG

GREENI

Adventurer
I'm Greeni, I worked 10 years for Brian Rourke running the shop..
Here's my ride, White Ind. cranks and Chris King hubs. 853 Pro Team custom frame, the Missus has one in pink, but 953!
SNC11476.JPG

Chazz Layne

Administrator
I'm Chazz and I'm officially back on 2-wheels as of January 2nd. :bike_rider:

I ride a Felt Nine Trail currently setup for light commuting and easy trails, and dream of bikepacking once I've built up the "motor" a bit more...

ywen

Explorer
I'm currently riding two Windsor bikes. Got back into riding last summer and loving it! Got two new bikes from bikes direct. Nothing fancy but awesome bikes to start with.

Windsor Tourist Touring bike

64082_10101382712090703_2201048_68816274_2017133730_n.jpg

Windsor Cliff 4700 MTB
431756_10101393712480833_2201048_68863775_1211231981_n.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Just got back from my first overnight trip :)
Salt Spring Island on the West Coast of British Columbia

My ride was my trusty Campus Hybrid touring bike. Nothing too special, just lots of mid range components that are easy to fix and easy to find while traveling. Of course there is a full set of Ortlieb panniers, Schwalbe Marathon tires to go with it.

Cheers,
Andreas

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 3

Cody1771

Explorer
Just got back from my first overnight trip :)
Salt Spring Island on the West Coast of British Columbia

My ride was my trusty Campus Hybrid touring bike. Nothing too special, just lots of mid range components that are easy to fix and easy to find while traveling. Of course there is a full set of Ortlieb panniers, Schwalbe Marathon tires to go with it.

Cheers,
Andreas

Cool! Where did you stay the night? I used to take my bike and head to ruckel park for a night or two every year

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hey Cody,

Ruckle... I have toured all over North America, Europe, Africa and Ruckle park is clearly within the top 3 campgrounds I ever stayed, ever! Walk/cycle in only.

Cody, where are you located?
IMG_1469.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior