Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I thought it'd be cool to do an official intro for the bike section of all of the MTBers & Expedition Bike riders... Who you are, where you're from, what you ride... What's you're mojo... Etc :)

So.. Post up!

( I'll go as soon as I can find some of my pics :) )

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
So something like:

My name is Thom and I have a Bicycle Addiction. These are 3 of the 9:
monocog1.jpg

All I did was add the Avids, shorter RF stem, and the smoothies.

IMG_0283-1.jpg

Built to resemble an early Mt. Tam bike as featured in the Smithsonian article. 70's era Schwinn frame, Landing Gear Fork, 8 speeds, Atom/Sachs drum brake hubs converted to sealed cartridge bearings, poly lined internal cable routing, 35 lbs.

SSone.jpg

Bike is an SS build from parts sourced as my student budget could afford them. I was riding it by early '98. Uses a short cage road deraileur for tension after a Singlator type device proved totally unreliable on the Downieville Downhill. Too fat to ride it much these days.
Trailer is a scratch built sized to hold exactly 3 full brown paper grocery bags (remember those?). Frame weighs 11 lbs, rear wheel & tire assembly weigh 10 lbs. :bike_rider:
EDIT: Just noticed that my Chico Townie is sort of visible hanging on the wall in the background. S-A drum hubs, unkwn BMX Cruiser frame, Powerlite bars.

Last edited:

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Name is Aaron
From Colorado

I have a horrible addiction.......

Trek SS
DSCN0052.jpg

Schwinn Rocket 88
mymtb.jpg

Schwinn Super Sport
IMG_9687.jpg

Haro Impulse
IMG_9239.jpg

Raliegh
IMG_0405.jpg

Not pictured - 1946 Schwinn B-6 and 193? Elgin(I think)

toy_tek

Adventurer
Jon. Just recently dusted off my USA 1995 Trek 950 to get it on singletrack again. No pics but its the "vintage" (ha) green to purple fade. Hoping to upgrade to a rear suspension bike without centerpull brakes soon, and retire the Trek to neighborhood use.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hello, My name is Dave and im too heavy for my bike :victory:

i ride a TREK carbon fiber Fuel.

My other bike you've never heard of. Trust me :)

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I'll get some pics up soon. But until then, my name is Bill and I ride a ...
1983 Atala with Campagnolo bits and pieces (perpetually for sale)
1993 Diamondback Axis TT with old school XTR, recently rebuilt with Avid Juicy 7 and Marzochi Marathon SL (about 24 lb, but it rides nice)
2006 Cannondale Synapse

Currently in time-out:
Trek 9900 team issue - builds up to about 21 lb. Very stiff.

Pokey

Adventurer
my ridez:

Attachments

• IMG_0805 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0805 (Medium).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,002
  • IMG_0807 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0807 (Medium).JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_0809 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0809 (Medium).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 960
  • stikl1.jpg
    stikl1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 969
  • stik2 (Small).jpg
    stik2 (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 932
Last edited:

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
My "newest" bike is a 2002 Specialized Enduro Pro - We have had more than one trip to Big Bear together :bike_rider:

thumb2.aspx

Not my picture, but exactly what it looks like. My wife mostly rides it now.

My other bike is a '93 Giant Iguana with a Rock Shox Indy XC front fork, otherwise stock. Had this bike since I was 13 (yes, its been that long) and did one trip to Mammoth with no suspension. My brain is still vibrating from that trip ;)

Wish I could afford a new bike but its not in the cards right now...

(edit) Almost for got my name, see screen name ;) Currently living the dream in Hawaii.

phxtoad

Adventurer
Hi, my name is Todd... and I wish I rode more often.

Did a ton of road and mountain biking in the '80's in Tucson. Now it's a once a week commute and maybe a Sunday cruise with the wife every now and then. :(

Road bike since 1985: My build - 1984 Trek 760 frame, Campy, Galli, Specialized & other components. Finally gave-up on sew-ups in 2008 when I had my wheels re-built with clinchers.

IMG_1365a.jpg

Mountain bike since 1998 (or was it 99?). Ibis Alibi. New rubber, but thinking about going to street/dirt 2.1's...

IMG_1366a.jpg

The Cruising Vessel. 2008 Trek Classic. Really fun to commute on actually (14mi R/T in cruise mode). Wald Giant Delivery basket hold to hold my flips.

IMG_1368a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne