Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Names Alan and my stable looks like this:

2010 Niner RIP 9, Fox Talas, Easton Havens, mostly XTR
2009 Redline Monocog SS
2005 Santa Cruz Blur LT, frame, fork, and misc (for sale)
2005 Mountain Cycle Stumptown, my road bike
1994 Raleigh MT-500

Began riding seriously around 1992 but have slowed down somewhat in the past few years..... age is catching up now.

Alan

djsixbillion

Adventurer
My name is Desmond and I'm currently riding a Ventana El Terremoto, with a Fox 36 Talas and Shimano XT/Thomson/Easton stuff. Just found this section of the forum. Are there any other riders from the Northern CA area on here? I'm looking forward to a great spring/summer of riding and a bunch of trips to Auburn and Downieville.

Gooseberry

Explorer
Hi my name is Goose and I thought I had a bike fetish until this Thread and now I can see I dont and :bike_rider:still have room for more.

main ride is a redline mono 9 thats in the van for a ride but this is the pile.
P2280252.jpg

P2280255.jpg

P2280254.jpg

syke

Adventurer
Hello, My name is Ryan and I'm not an addi.... wait wrong group

...and I ride a Gary Fisher HKEK

lbarcher

Adventurer
My name is archer and I ride a Hoss. Kona Hoss. They used to market them
as the "bike and a half for the rider and a half". At 240lbs I guess I qualify.

96discoXD

Adventurer
Well, I'm just getting back into the fray after a few years away from cycling. I'm signed up for the Iceman Cometh MTB race in November in northern MI so I need to start training now!

My current stable consists of the following:

Schwinn lugged-columbus tubing road bike with a mix of 105/ultegra/dura ace components. My first new bike purchased when I was 13 (I'm 38 now). One of the last lugged frames built in the USA if I'm not mistaken. It's my baby now and has a few upgrades but I've maintained dura ace downtube shifters and the old crowned/lugged steel fork for the nostalgic look.

Trek 820 steel mountain bike, my first mountain bike I ever purchased. This one is getting powdercoated orange as I type this. I'm building it back up as a commuter/touring bike with a set of Vuelta zero lite wheels and some 1.25" width slick tires. It'll have a rigid fork, front and rear racks, fenders, and a mix of Shimano components with a road triple in the front and 9-speed rear cassettes on both wheelsets. Hope to have the frame back next week and build it up soon.

Specialized rockhopper, my old 26er that I still plan to ride, hardtail aluminum bike with Deore LX/XT components

2010 Motobecane Outcast 29er with Rock Shox fork, disc brakes set up as a single speed with a 9-speed rear hub right now. I just purchased it as a reasonably priced ride to train with my buddies who both have rigid SS 29ers.
Future plans are to install a rear derailleur, shifter and cassette and run it as a 1x9.

2010 Gary Fischer Wahoo - 13-year old sons first rear MTB, he'll be riding with me a lot this summer

Gary Fischer MTB (don't recall model) wife's bike

Last edited:

dblosch

Adventurer
My name is Dan, and I'm in the Yeti tribe.

This one replaced my Giant Trance and Schwinn Fastback 27 that were both stolen. I decided to upgrade to these wheels instead of replacing my Road bike... :bike_rider:

Yeti.jpg

MarcM

My name is Marc, and I ride a 1988 Univega Alpina Pro, that I built brand new from the box in 1988. It has the red with black "splatter" "Eddie Van Halen" paint treatment, stock from the factory, along with the Deore grouppo. The only thing not still stock on it is the seat and the handle bars. It looks a little like a bug with big antennae. The handle bars are from an Electra Delux.....think Schwinn Stingray.
Before
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

Gooseberry

Explorer
I did it and will be adding another bike to in the grarge. This one is the Jamis Dakar 650b2. Did a bunch of electrical work on a friends bike show he moved and could not pass it up. Cant weight to get it and ride. Not to sure on the odd wheel size but for the price I can ride a year and sell it then get another if I like it.

ROME9

Hey, I'm Kevin and my current DH bike is a Chumba F5. I've only been able ride three times since December because I've been so busy with school. When I graduate in a year I'm going to sell it (along with the rest of my toys), buy a van, and hit the road! :victory:

37 pounds and it rails!

DSCI0144.jpg

DSCI0142.jpg

Gooseberry

Explorer
Nice Chumba

I rode Pistol Pete's race bike and ended up in a tree way back when. I still have a hard-tail that was designed after his dual slalom bike. I raced it for a few years in the amcup series and now its a single speed. I started riding with Bike Beat and Chumba.

Hey, I'm Kevin and my current DH bike is a Chumba F5. I've only been able ride three times since December because I've been so busy with school. When I graduate in a year I'm going to sell it (along with the rest of my toys), buy a van, and hit the road! :victory:

37 pounds and it rails!

DSCI0144.jpg

DSCI0142.jpg

alexfm

Explorer

37 pounds and it rails!

DSCI0144.jpg

DSCI0142.jpg

Thats a sweet ride! :sombrero: I havent seen that brand before, how do you like it?

ROME9

I like the Chumba alot! It feels very responsive and it's super plush over everything. This is the first build I've done where cost wasn't a major restraint. I tried to make my dream bike, but there are still a few parts that need to be swapped out.

Gooseberry

Explorer
That is a huge statement on a chumba as they are pricey. But you can go down anything as long your inner self does not screeem to loud to stop hence thats how I ended up in the top of a tree.

The only problem now is that Ted is no longer with Chumba and Im not sure on the guys running it now.

I like the Chumba alot! It feels very responsive and it's super plush over everything. This is the first build I've done where cost wasn't a major restraint. I tried to make my dream bike, but there are still a few parts that need to be swapped out.

dallasrover

Adventurer
My name is....

Darrell Richter
Dallas Texas

New to me Specialized Epic. Decided I should do something again besides drive the dirty rover and work at the computer.......

Bike_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94