Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

ywen

Explorer
Are you running the Salsa woodchipper bars? and what is your stem lenght and rise? Next summer I may pick up a pair of drop bars to replace the bullhorns on the Masi.

I alway liked the ride of Gunnar rockhounds.

I am running On One Midge bars.. They are another "dirt dropper" type handlebar.

Very similar to woodchippers. Not sure if Salsa makes different variations of woodchippers. The woodchipper bars on the cross check complete bikes have much less flare than the woodchipper on salsa fargos. The midge bar I'm running is much closer to the bars on the fargos.

My stem is 90mm with 7deg rise. I have a 70mm +17deg stem on order. It should be just about right, or perhaps a bit too close to seat tube

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
My name is Hans and I ride an '06 Bianchi Volpe, a 2012 Volcanic Vx7 29'er MTB and a 2014 Surly Pugsley too new to have any loaded pics yet:
fullyLoaded.JPG

Last edited:

jruba

Adventurer
Name is Jesus and here are my two rides ..

Attachments

• 20140322_182734.jpg
    20140322_182734.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140322_194840.jpg
    20140322_194840.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 11

Ron Bones

Observer
I'm Ron and I ride a 2010 Kona Honky Tonk on the road and a 2008 Marin Wolf Ridge off it. They are both going to be racked up and used for some bikepacking as soon as my expedition camper build is finished and I have some time again! Few biggish trips planned for the summer. Can't wait :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Just added a Fatback 170 to the stable.
The fat front only lasted one winter.

My old Myata 916 sold it to a ski bum friend that was biking Washington to Northern Cali.

1996 Gary Fisher grateful dead HKEK 1/2 fat or chubby dingle speed: 17.5 inch frame, Richey stem, Thomson layback Masterpiece, Middleburn cranks with 32t Uno sprocket, Selle Anatomica Titanico X.

1/2 fat mode: Salsa Enabler fork Surly hub and Vicious Cycles Grateful Fat Sheba 80mm wheel with Larry tire.
Chubby winter studded mode: Snowcat 44mm rims shimano xt hubs dingle speed with 19t 21t Endless cogs Nokian Freddies revenzes 26x2.3.
summer mode: Cronometro front hub laced to Sun rim Ritchey Speedmax tires, rear Surly flipflop hub laced to Sun rim 17t freewheel (Shimano) 19t freewheel (White Ind.)
2010 Masi CXSS Thomson Masterpiece, brooks saddle, white ind, freewheel, thomson elite stem, On-one midge drop bars, oury grips, modolo vintage brake levers, Kore crank, Kore cantis, kmc x10sl chain. 19.5 lbs
2013 Fatback 170 non-rocker soon to be the do it all bikepacking rig.

Last edited:

PureFJCruiser

My name is Ray and I ride a 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp FSR 29'er

stumpy.JPG

I also have a Specialized Rockhopper 29'er as my backup/guest bike

IMG_1109.JPG

96discoXD

Adventurer
Current stable includes a cheap cyclocross bike that I use for gravel road training rides when it's wet/muddy and I don't want to trash my good bike, a Gary Fischer Marlin single speed currently setup as a 1x10 with a surly karate monkey rigid fork and my main/race bike a 2013 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon with Roval carbon wheels, carbon bars, Thompson seatpost, Romin saddle and a couple other little upgrades. By far the best mountain bike I have ever owned!

ChrisKul

I'm lucky enough to own a bike company, so my current off-road bike is one we designed, a prototype Velo Orange Camargue.

fish bike 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles