Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

Gooseberry

Explorer
I came in Friday and I was able to build it Friday night.

jamis.jpg

sxharr05

Adventurer
My name is Seth and I ride singletrack here in PA on hardtail and full-squish. Being a relatively broke father of two, my bikes are "budget-minded" builds from frames I found on sale and parts from donor bikes and closeouts. Been riding for over twenty years and I am FINALLY planning on taking some MTB-specific trips this year.

KHS xc~304 with and xt/lx drivetrain and Manitou suspension:
bikeatwiss.jpg

Access (Performance Bike brand) built with a SRAM x-7 kit:
fall2010037.jpg

Hadn't been on a hardtail in almost a decade so I decided to build one. Really a pretty good ride for what I paid for it ($73 out the door for the frame) and the rest of the parts were funded via sales on CL or trades.

djrez4

Adventurer
My name is Dave and I ride (as of two weeks ago) a Niner RIP 9:

IMAG0261.jpg

Before that, I had been riding a 1996 Specialized Stumpjumper M2:

IMAG0259-1.jpg

My regular city/commuter ride has been a 1981 Centurion Signet, stripped down to single speed (complete with fenders and 1.95 knobbies for winter in the pic):

IMG00083.jpg

And finally, for long distance, paved treks into the mountains, I have a 2004 Douglas Fusion. No pics of that, sorry....always too busy riding it!

dstuder

Observer
Hi, my name is David and I ride a Specialized Epic Expert. I hope to be adding a Tarmac soon...........

Attachments

• Bloomingdale-20110606-00420 (3).jpg
    Bloomingdale-20110606-00420 (3).jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 30

RedWagon

my name is Tyler and I ride a Masi Soulville 3. Internal 3 speed hub with coaster brake. 700cx 38 smooth/knobbies. super fun for commuting around the city (Los Angeles). Hoping to get some real Brakes on there though for some more trail style riding.

losangelesmasi051.jpg

photo22.jpg

96discoXD

Adventurer
my name is Tyler and I ride a Masi Soulville 3. Internal 3 speed hub with coaster brake. 700cx 38 smooth/knobbies. super fun for commuting around the city (Los Angeles). Hoping to get some real Brakes on there though for some more trail style riding.

losangelesmasi051.jpg

photo22.jpg

Gorgeous bike, love the lines of the top tube flowing in a graceful arc into the the rear chainstays.

Just got this vintage Nishiki International

For Free!!

spend about a hundred bucks on new tires, tubes, saddle, a chain, and some other accessories.. rides like a dream.

took it on its maiden voyage yesterday. This thing sails.

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
New ride:

IBIS Mojo SL. Shimano Alfine 11 gear hub...

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

NothingClever

Explorer
My name is nothing clever :ylsmoke: .

1970s - Takara and Kuwahara (pre-ET)
1980s - Ross Mt. Whitney
1990s - Ritchey Timberwolf
2000s - Litespeed Obed
2010s - TBD but looking at a Surly LHT or a Troll for a long distance touring rig. Wish I could lay down the dosh for a Bruce Gordon Rock and Roll or a Thorn or a Roberts Rough Stuff but I have too many other hobbies competing for the wallet right now.

UPDATE: 2012 - Foregoing a Salsa Vaya (which replaced my brief fascination with the LHT and the Troll also lost for having a set of overly-universal rear drop outs) in favor of:

1st Choice: Co-Motion Pangea
2nd Choice: Gunnar Rock Tour

Last edited:

onebadscrambler

My bikes

Name is Danny. Live about 20 minutes south of Santos trails. My new bike, just picked up Fri, 2011 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II.
2011_07_24_1559.jpg

2011_07_24_1557.jpg

My Old bike with a new seat for the better half. 2011 Trek Fuel EX8
2011_07_24_1564.jpg
2011_07_24_1567.jpg

DarinM

Explorer
Hello. My name is Darin and I just bought the first bike I've owned in over 20 years.
No pics yet, but it's a 2011 Marin Sky Trail. Basically a decent enough entry level bike.
I'm hoping it will be the tool I need to lose the rest of the weight I want to lose.

Jay H

servicedriven.org
Hello,

My name is Jay. I am seriously bike obsessed. I currently live out of my car and have only two bikes. The one that gets ridden most is a titanium dean soft tail. Is built up nice and burly with a strange mix of parts. I also have a green salsa fargo in xt trim on the roof rack with me. I have been a shop wrench off and on for years before quitting my Job as master technician at rei to hit the road and go ride all over. Check out my blog for the latest mountain bike adventures.

Papa Tac

Observer
Hello, I'm Keith, and I'm a Trekaholic.
Trek 6 Series now, also had 7000 and 4500.
I've tried others, but the geometry and balance has me hooked.
The wife is on a Haro.
Best pic I have with me

Taco pics 009 (Mobile) (Small) (Small).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles