Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Trailers Drawer System

i dident see a price... maybe i missed it, but how much were they

88 FJ62
    94 Diesel 4 Runner

does "light weight composite board" concern anyone? how will these stand up to dampness & wear?

don't think wood composite on these...
    think super futuristic crazy tough amazing stuff on these..
    Beat them with a hammer.
    pour on water
    bang them around

I have seen them in person and when you figure they are building the new folding trailer out of the same stuff then it must be pretty good
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Quote Originally Posted by southpier View Post
    does "light weight composite board" concern anyone? how will these stand up to dampness & wear?
    You must be new here

You can rest assured that anything AT builds will hold up spectacularly to wear and dampness (and chains, and hammers, and heat, and trees, and rocks, and probably even lightning (but I'll let someone else test that one))

Welcome to the board

BMonday

I have been using the prototype for nearly a year in my Discovery, and it is bomber. My unit is even thinner material in the drawer faces, etc. too, and no issues.
    Scott Brady
    Overland Journal
    D1 | LJ78 | LR4 | MKIII | J8 | G-Wagen | Range Rover Classic | TE630

so i was contemplating these drawers. my concern is how much weight they can hold. im a one truck guy, and an electrician with way to many tools. i was thinking that when working, i would put the expo gear away and store my tools out of sight in the drawers. but like i said, the weight capacity is my concern.

does anybody have that spec or an idea of the weight you have in yours?\

thanks
    joe

Quote Originally Posted by zukrider View Post
    so i was contemplating these drawers. my concern is how much weight they can hold. im a one truck guy, and an electrician with way to many tools. i was thinking that when working, i would put the expo gear away and store my tools out of sight in the drawers. but like i said, the weight capacity is my concern.

does anybody have that spec or an idea of the weight you have in yours?\

thanks
    joe
    Here is a couple of videos showing what the composite material can handle in weight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36AL2f6RzI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgaUikVWuzM
    I have close to 200 pounds in one of my drawers with tools and spares.Its amazing how fast it adds up. I have had mine for a while now and had zero problems with the material or the slides. Mario designed these to last.
    95 FZJ80: 3linked,slee coils,Foxed,yorked,ARB'd and many other goodies
    www.fourleafcloverfab.com

The composite material was reverse engineered from remains of the Roswell spaceship crash.
    If you use enough of it, you can also go back in time.

I tried to get the drawers too but the house ways and means committee only allocated me $50 and a charged sawsall battery...
    Safety fast,
    Bill

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    - Jim Carrey

KM4EIZ

Quote Originally Posted by bmonday View Post
    You must be new here

You can rest assured that anything AT builds will hold up spectacularly to wear and dampness (and chains, and hammers, and heat, and trees, and rocks, and probably even lightning (but I'll let someone else test that one))

Welcome to the board

BMonday
    true enough. but i've also read a ton of threads about people building their own and using things like luan, MDF, masonite, particle board, & OSB.

so being the admitted neophyte, natually thought there might be a manufacturing decision to use a "cost effective" solution in order to make a marketable (affordable) product.

my naivete!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast