Adventure Trailers Drawer System

Scott Brady

Founder
I have been using the prototype for nearly a year in my Discovery, and it is bomber. My unit is even thinner material in the drawer faces, etc. too, and no issues.

zukrider

Explorer
so i was contemplating these drawers. my concern is how much weight they can hold. im a one truck guy, and an electrician with way to many tools. i was thinking that when working, i would put the expo gear away and store my tools out of sight in the drawers. but like i said, the weight capacity is my concern.

does anybody have that spec or an idea of the weight you have in yours?\

thanks
joe

theexile

Adventurer
so i was contemplating these drawers. my concern is how much weight they can hold. im a one truck guy, and an electrician with way to many tools. i was thinking that when working, i would put the expo gear away and store my tools out of sight in the drawers. but like i said, the weight capacity is my concern.

does anybody have that spec or an idea of the weight you have in yours?\

thanks
joe

Here is a couple of videos showing what the composite material can handle in weight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36AL2f6RzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgaUikVWuzM
I have close to 200 pounds in one of my drawers with tools and spares.Its amazing how fast it adds up. I have had mine for a while now and had zero problems with the material or the slides. Mario designed these to last.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The composite material was reverse engineered from remains of the Roswell spaceship crash.
If you use enough of it, you can also go back in time.

I tried to get the drawers too but the house ways and means committee only allocated me $50 and a charged sawsall battery...

southpier

Expedition Leader
You must be new here :)

You can rest assured that anything AT builds will hold up spectacularly to wear and dampness (and chains, and hammers, and heat, and trees, and rocks, and probably even lightning (but I'll let someone else test that one))

Welcome to the board :)

BMonday

true enough. but i've also read a ton of threads about people building their own and using things like luan, MDF, masonite, particle board, & OSB.

so being the admitted neophyte, natually thought there might be a manufacturing decision to use a "cost effective" solution in order to make a marketable (affordable) product.

my naivete!

Flagster

Expedition Leader
This is an old one but I am interested in mounting these drawers in my LC...how do they bolt to the floor...do these use the existing cargo hold down rivnuts???

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
This is an old one but I am interested in mounting these drawers in my LC...how do they bolt to the floor...do these use the existing cargo hold down rivnuts???

I believe they come with "L" brackets, or at least they used to. When I had mine installed in my 80 and 100 series, I sourced the correct bolt in a tapered allen head and mounted them to the third row seat mounts. The thread pitch and bolt size is a very uncommon one and I was lucky enough to get in on a group buy on 'Mud. I just drilled the four holes in the bottom of each box to match the OEM holes. The result was a very clean install with no unsightly "L" brackets. There are pictures of the whole setup if you search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles