Adventure Trailers Drawer System

theexile

Adventurer
Rarely is there a product that I get so jazzed about that I feel I have to post about it.This is an exception. For months I debated on what to do for a drawer system for the back of my Landcruiser. I could make one but just could never find the time between work and family. I looked at various products already on the market but they fell short for a few reasons. First was cost, second was availabilty for my specific vehicle and third was weight. Weight was the biggy for me. The 80 series land cruiser already weighs enough as it is. I would rather carry a hundred pounds of useful expo gear than a 100 pounds of dead weight. Just before Christmas I went by Adventure Trailers to visit with Mario to see what new products he had floating around in his head. It was at this point he spoke of the new composite material he was working with for the trailers. He then also mentioned the soon to be released Modular Drawer Systems which was to be offered in both the composite and wood.
Finally a solution to my storage problems :wings: and out came the check book. I knew it was going to be a few weeks because of the holidays and their recent move to a new building but it was worth the wait.
I ordered two of the A36 drawers made of the composite. It came neatly packaged in two boxes complete with hardware and instructions. Before even opening i was surprised how light the package was and was nervous for a second that it was missing parts. Got it opened and did an inventory and sure enough everything was there right down to the last screw. All the parts are of high quality and the hardware looks sturdy and clean. It required very basic tools to assemble. The kit included two allen wrenches and a special "jak nut" spanner. It took me just over two hours to assemble both drawers. It was a lot like putting together a piece of furniture from Ikea. It was obvious a lot of thought was put in to it to make it strong and easy to put together.
So if you are looking for storage solutions contact Adventure Trailers. They have really out done themselves this time. The cost versus quailty cannot be beat. Here are a few pics of the build process.

048.jpg

051.jpg

069.jpg

073.jpg

079.jpg

086.jpg

089.jpg

Last edited:

davegonz

Explorer
Are you sure you didn't get that at IKEA? Kidding...but it does look like their knockdown furniture they sell.

How's the weight?

Moody

Needs to get out more
They look great. I have been watching to see how they come out in the end. I like them. A lot.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
x2

I'm liking those 12" tall drawers. Thanks exile, for posting the detailed install photos and your impressions.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
don't think wood composite on these...
think super futuristic crazy tough amazing stuff on these..
Beat them with a hammer.
pour on water
bang them around

I have seen them in person and when you figure they are building the new folding trailer out of the same stuff then it must be pretty good

bmonday

Adventurer
does "light weight composite board" concern anyone? how will these stand up to dampness & wear?

You must be new here :)

You can rest assured that anything AT builds will hold up spectacularly to wear and dampness (and chains, and hammers, and heat, and trees, and rocks, and probably even lightning (but I'll let someone else test that one))

Welcome to the board :)

BMonday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles