Who uses a hammock?

spikemd

Explorer
ENO double nest

I bought an ENO double nest with slap straps recently.
2bc68605-4e13-46db-85cd-c9fd6b9ddc47.jpg

It is great for hanging around and my kids loved playing in it. I am glad I got the 'double' size as there is plenty of material without being too large. It packs up really small even with the slap straps. The slap straps do stretch a bit and you could devise anything you want to hang it. The straps were on sale, pretty cheap and allow many hanging points so the convenience factor sold me.

I am also considering the ENO Guardian bug net for extra protection for flying unfriendlies.

I am going to try to sleep through the night in it soon as I intend to use it on our trip down to Baja in October. Can't wait to be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves after a few cervezas and fish tacos...

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
HH Hammock User

I am new here & hope it is allowed to link to other sites??

I use a hennessy Explorer ASYM with the hex fly & over cover for severe nights:
http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/specs/expedition_asym_classic/

I also have the 4 season super shelter insulation system for this. if you have a roof rack you can attach it there and off to a tree or rock and sleep confortably

I have in my collection the HH, a grand trunk and several homemade DIY hammocks or varying widths and lengths

Here is an excellent site to learn everything you need to knw about hammocks:
http://www.hammockforums.net/?

Here is my one attempt at winter hammock camping, not for the faint of heart...
DSC_1573.jpg

Last edited:

Wildcat

Adventurer
If its just me, no family, im in a hammock. I have a Byer Traveler. When winter hammock camping i add a heavy fleece blanket in my sleeping bag. Fold into thirds. Two thirds under you, one third on top. Your body crushes the insulation and reduces it effectiveness. Add more under neath not on top.

sync32

Last winter I picked up one of the ENO singlenest hammocks and a tarp to go over it. I've really enjoyed using it, it takes a little of the edge off the heat in the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz