Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Question:
How many Kawasaki KX450F dirtbikes fit inside a Gen2 Montero?

Answer:

20130504_154900_resized.jpg

...came across this guy who had a mechanical on the trail and gave him a lift out...we had a beer down the street while waiting for his son to come pick him and the bike up in his F250, and somewhere in there he offered me a job which pays nearly double what I was making when I was last working. Paying it forward!!! :)

Last edited:

SoCalMonty

Explorer
what did you tweak?

Removed down travel bumpstops, and replaced the up travel bumpstops with low-profile units. Significantly improved travel in both directions. I will be adding some sort of poly bumpstop to the down travel stop after I modify the bumpstop rest on the frame (going to cut it down a little to relocate the stop after I measure a bit and figure out how low the geometry/shock/CV joint will let me go). I reckon there's another inch or two of downtravel to be had without too much fuss.

Here's the same section of trail before this round of tinkering (not positioned exactly the same, but pretty close...also on 31's):

20130408_175720_resized.jpg

After, on 33's:

afterbumpstop.jpg

...the front hub is now completely above the rocker panel line, as compared to the first photo. Also note how much more level the truck is, as there's more room for the suspension to conform to the terrain before hitting the stop and forcing the truck to list over to the side.

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I used those same bumpstops on my IFS, just remember with it flexed all the way up or down the tie rods and CV's start to get into a their end of range and that is their weakest working position. Stay out of the throttle while at either end of the travel range especially if you're in a full lock turn.

Having said that, Awesome! It's good to se someone modifying for increased capability.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Extraction was pretty easy, he could have driven out but the carb flooded so bad it wouldn't run and then he popped a bead. I pulled him but it didn't take much effort, hardly any body damage either surprisingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles