Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

SOFpirate

Adventurer
Street tires and sand/mud? Still, it's a Montero.

Actually, those Firestone Destination A/T's are surprising off road. Pretty grippy, and with the daily driver ability of them on the road I'm pretty happy. That, and they were cheap, so I could have more money to do this --> :safari-rig:

I see the Ft. Walton decal you live close to the Bama line? where you wheeling at?

I live down on the coast in Fort Walton. We do most of our wheeling on the Eglin Reservation, which covers most of NW Florida. We do make the occasional trip up to Boggs and Boulders, but I'm always down for finding more spots to wheel/camp. Overlanding isn't just a passion anymore, it's an addiction. The Reservation really is only serving as a testing ground now for us to make sure our mods and ideas make sense.

SOFpirate

Adventurer
Street tires are some of he best tires to use in the sand.

I'd start airing those tires down though. Not only do you get better traction by airing down, it keeps the transmission happy.

Yeah, I run them at a lower PSI year round. I try to keep them somewhere between 24-26 PSI at all times road or off road. Especially since this thing is my daily driver, but not the road trip vehicle. I just really need to man up and get onboard air.

red87

Adventurer
Yeah, I run them at a lower PSI year round. I try to keep them somewhere between 24-26 PSI at all times road or off road. Especially since this thing is my daily driver, but not the road trip vehicle. I just really need to man up and get onboard air.

I'd just carry a compressor, and not bother with onboard air. This guy has served me for like 4 years without a problem: http://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV...?ie=UTF8&qid=1345645790&sr=8-1&keywords=mv-50 I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the most popular way for people to air up. Best thing about it? Its CHEAP so you can spend more money on gas to get places.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
This guy has served me for like 4 years without a problem:
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the most common compressor used by 4 wheelers.

I found the BFG AT's to be pretty reasonably priced ($154/tire for 33x12.5x15's) and decent wearing tires (from past experience) also.

skids

Observer
After a bit of laning on Salisbury plain yesterday, will need a good polish to get the scratches out :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346053565.162684.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346053622.854362.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346053645.472134.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346053667.567533.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverwulf

Adventurer
EAF19C57.jpg

33x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on stock wheels.

*fixed*

Last edited:

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
Here are some pics from the first mountain trip for my Gen 3 Montero. It was mostly a hiking trip but there were several good trail roads with good views. This is Linville Gorge, NC.

100_7526.jpg

100_7527.jpg

100_7528.jpg

Everything is stock except for an intake kit from Weapon-R.

JamesW

Adventurer
Here is my bus. JDM 2.8 turbo diesel with a few mods.

It's my daily driver,workhorse and plaything.

DSC_3732.jpg

Testing out the post-lift articulation :)

2012-09-02-147.jpg

I also have A/T's for when i want to travel quietly and efficiently,with the ability to go around corners

And here it is pre-lift in it's daily driver form
DSC_3667.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles