Adventurer
Did some wheeling this weekend.

75d565f258bfa46166515adec3c766f5.jpg

a29bd9472eb2bfe8bfe24d23efe82594.jpg

13d6f83c06e96c23cfaec3dc47658238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
My brother has the tape weights on his '12 outback. He has a bunch of problems with them falling off all the time. I got my wheel weights clamped on the inside of my wheel. Might not be able to do that with all wheels though. idk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
My brother has the tape weights on his '12 outback. He has a bunch of problems with them falling off all the time. I got my wheel weights clamped on the inside of my wheel. Might not be able to do that with all wheels though. idk

Depends on the lateral balance of the tire. The weight's gotta go where the weight is needed. However, you can usually use a bunch of weights on the interior side in liue of a few weights on the exterior. My tire shop knows to do this, because outer weights just get scrapped off in our local rocks.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Nice shots. Looks pretty & green to me (compared to summer!)
What size tires are you running on that little guy?

EDIT: I just read your signature line. wow, 37's!.
EDIT 2: No wait. that's not a 96 SR. I'm confused....

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
sold my 96 right before i moved. landed on this 87 when i showed up in phoenix.

87 4G54 automatic, 33 inch tires, 1.5" body lift, downdraft mikuni carb, thorley header, works pretty good for a small box on wheels.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

I will never run stick on weights with a heavier wheel/tire setup, but to each their own.

GARoughneck

2003 Gen 3 Montero

Here is my 2003 Montero, just turned 170K miles today and running strong! This is the best SUV I have ever owned, really wish they bring them back to the USA.

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 46

kbahus

Adventurer
Here is my 2003 Montero, just turned 170K miles today and running strong! This is the best SUV I have ever owned, really wish they bring them back to the USA.

Regards,

Steve

Great looking gen3, I wish mine was white. What crossbars are you using on your roof rack?

GARoughneck

Thanks kbahus! They are Westin's Sport Series. I have had them for 6 plus yeas now and they have held up great. I used them for a 17ft Old Town canoe with no problems.

ctdfab

Observer
IMG_20150303_093755.jpg

Threw on some new shoes. Cooper AT3 out the door for 750 with rebate. I'm telling you guys, gen 3s need to come with 285/75-16s factory. So much sex

No lift yet but planning a custom 1.75 spring lift and maybe 1 inch subframe lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne