Post your Mitsubishi Pajero Pics

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Came up on this abandoned hunters cabin up in the mountains
0c85b27eff4c39c8bf140e86dfa38576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I played around on Cleghorn Trail today. As much as I like the Montero, it kinda sucks off road compared to my Jeep or even my LR3. Just has NO articulation. Nearly rolled it today on the teeter totter, going slow, and knowing the obstacle extremely well. It's just so limiting without any useful suspension travel. My buddy got it on Hyperlapse video, which I posted to my Instagram feed: http://instagram.com/p/tt6P9_mxoX/

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I played around on Cleghorn Trail today. As much as I like the Montero, it kinda sucks off road compared to my Jeep or even my LR3. Just has NO articulation. Nearly rolled it today on the teeter totter, going slow, and knowing the obstacle extremely well. It's just so limiting without any useful suspension travel. My buddy got it on Hyperlapse video, which I posted to my Instagram feed: http://instagram.com/p/tt6P9_mxoX/

Sway bars still connected?

Lookin good Nathan! I agree the articulation sucks on the monteros. Removing the rear sway helps a lot off-road. On road I don't feel a difference. The front is a lost cause with ifs.

9ce2e9917a36762a013d25999cd76303.jpg

1ddbd4d2b33de7287e2e92bdcca8d114.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sway bars still connected?

Yes. I experimented a bit with this though. In my driveway, I disconnected the front sway bar, and got only about an 1" more of drop than I had with it connected, and driving it was notably more...sloppy? Since my 16 year old judgment and prudence challenged teenage son will be driving the Montero, I reconnected it for safer on road behavior. The rear articulates okay, not great, but not horrendous. Its the front end, as Brian said, that is really a lost cause.

JordanM/S

Off Road Enthusiast
Lol, that's awesome! I need to come down to Cali and wheel. Looks like something from Australia, looks like good times to be had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Yes. I experimented a bit with this though. In my driveway, I disconnected the front sway bar, and got only about an 1" more of drop than I had with it connected, and driving it was notably more...sloppy? Since my 16 year old judgment and prudence challenged teenage son will be driving the Montero, I reconnected it for safer on road behavior. The rear articulates okay, not great, but not horrendous. Its the front end, as Brian said, that is really a lost cause.

I was referring more to the rear, sorry I didn't specify.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
In a Montero you get good at balancing on 2 or less tires and bringing it down on all 4, you can always get some taller shock towers to compensate for the limits of the IFS. Take your shocks off, hit the ramp, measure and build for better stability.

pict0210.JPG

PICT0211.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94