mmm Bacon

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Bacon weaving? I suspect the author of this creation spent time in rehab.

But it's a fine obsession now isn't it?

I could see doing this with a beef tenderloin in place of the sausage.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
A restaurant at Taos we recently dined at had "bacon ice cream" on the menu. I wanted to try it but got outvoted for apricot sorbet...which was damn fine I must say!

rusty_tlc

Explorer
A restaurant at Taos we recently dined at had "bacon ice cream" on the menu. I wanted to try it but got outvoted for apricot sorbet...which was damn fine I must say!
I could see that, as long as there was a maple component to it.

I'm a sucker for bacon or sausage with maple syrup and a short stack.

I could see that, as long as there was a maple component to it.

I'm a sucker for bacon or sausage with maple syrup and a short stack.

Mmmmm! Short stack, real maple syrup, and sausage that is just on the edge of being well done... :drool:

Now I know what I'll have for breakfast this morning.

vhram

Observer
I did one for the superbowl party, it was a little much for me . I think the idea ofthe bacon weave around a tenderloin sounds great.

Attachments

• DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00802.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00801.JPG
    DSC00801.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 57

dustboy

Explorer
I went to a classic little diner in Garberville for breakfast while we were on the road. The special of the day was bacon waffles. Little pieces of bacon baked right into the waffle. Oh yeah, it was that good.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
You know what is interesting? The other day I bought some bac'n bits (experimenting with bacon bits and grits and powdered cheese for backpacking) and I looked on the ingredients, and there isn't even any bacon in them! The McCormick Bac'n Bits I bought are totally vegan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior