Monument Valley: Things Lost, Things Found

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
Oh God.....the pressure to say something funny.....:rolleyes:

Well first, I feel honored that MarkF'nStephens traveled up to Utah, in the most tricked out Frontier I've seen, with his hottie Norwegian-Navajo princess wife and amid all of the mind boggling scenery, he still thought to take a pic of me with my johnson hanging out.

I would say you succeeded. :xxrotflma

Natural wonders are everywhere, if only we chose to see them.

That is something that I discovered a long time ago, and why it takes me seemingly forever to get anywhere. That is also how I got into photography, just trying to share the beauty that I see.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Wholly Crap!!!!! Mark & KC, you guys are cracking me up with this thread. What a great trip guys, sorry I was not on this one. KC, AZ is not on daylight savings because we were the last state to join the union in the continental US, and we are a bit rebellious. That, and I think we have more than enough daylight and probably do not need to save any of it. Mark, do you think that, maybe, if Brooke threw a Shiner Bock on your shower tent it would have stayed? Because when she tossed beer on my tent I had no troubles. Perhaps the gods took you shower tent because it was not properly blessed before hand??? HMMMMMMM...... And please do not tell me you were tallking about shrinkage? I, and the rest of us on this board do not need to hear about Mark D. Stephens.com and his shrinkage. And back to KC, you should have seen Mark light the fire on the Gunsight trip. Now that was a real treat to see. It was a bit dark until Brian showed up with artificial fire starting aids and got it done right. Good report guys, and great pics as usual. Sorry I missed this one. Mark, KC, and I all need to get out and do a trip together. And of course Brooke can come along too and bless my tent with whatever kind of beer offering she is so inclined.

Last edited:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Scenic WonderRunner said:
I pulled into the Valley of the Gods (because you told me you were camping there the first night!) ....at 2:15am Sunday morning (late Sat. night).

This was after passing through 4 Monsoons!......doing the Elk Slalom at 65mph!....one huge horse on road.....multiple deer sighting at 65mph (I then slowed it down to 50mph).

I drove the first half of the trail to the back corner were it drops down. I could not find you anywhere so I camped at the perfect spot just below the huge spire at the drop off with views in both directions!

Yesterday I stopped in Monticello for pizza..........got back in my truck after an hour....and my truck would not start!
Hi Mark --- sorry about throwing you the curve ball, but Goosenecks was tugging on my spine once I saw it. That's the way it goes sometimes, eh?

As for the SWR: Don't shut 'er off! :) :costumed-smiley-007

Fellas, sorry no photos of the abyss that nearly sucked in the truck. Brooke just drove 'er on out with a little scrapage. We almost needed a snorkel to get it out; damn! I mean tow strap. You know how snorkels go. They're needed for nearly everything. Especially those dusty roads in Utah. I don't think it's wise to go to Utah without a snorkel. WHEW! Way too much dust. KC trailed behind at least 1/2 mile since he wasn't well equipped with one.

:rockon:

Aaron, you been drinking early today?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
articulate said:
Aaron, you been drinking early today?

What do you mean early? I have not stopped drinking since last weekend. Is the holiday over already?? Man, not having a hand brake to keep me in line is a real pain in the ass....... NOT!!!!:sombrero:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
What the hell is the matter with me. No wonder you asked if I was drinking early. I re read my first post and noticed all of the typos in it. Well, I have to blame it on the fact that I was at work, on my lunch, new (to me) keyboard, and I don't have a snorkel. I understand snorkels help you type better too.:hehe:

K.C.

Sorry that the "heat" of Arizona was too much for you! Woulda' loved to have seen you here in Sedona. But sounds like you need to be in Colorado and the North :smiley_drive:

Mark,

3.2 beer is the most that the state of Utah will allow for alcohol content. (At least for brewskis) For comparison--in the Yukon Territory, from the Yukon Brewing Company, the beer, "Lead Dog Ale" is 7.2%. Man, this will knock your socks off! In Utah, they sell a 7 pack of beer, cuz' it takes 7 beers to get a buzz! Utah has "different" views of drinking beer :elkgrin:

david despain

Adventurer
you can get real beer you just have to know where to go to get it. i think thats the way its done here to keep everyone else in world from wanting to move here :ylsmoke:

mark did you listen to ktnn the voice of the navajo nation?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
OK, got a few more pics ready from my weekend in Monument Valley with the Super Cool Chick and his wife Brooke (did I get that right?) -

Utah002.jpg

Attachments

• Utah 019.jpg
    Utah 019.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Utah 017.jpg
    Utah 017.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Utah 029.jpg
    Utah 029.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Utah 062.jpg
    Utah 062.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Utah 027.jpg
    Utah 027.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Utah 068.jpg
    Utah 068.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Utah 026.jpg
    Utah 026.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Utah 018.jpg
    Utah 018.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 51

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I dont know if i should thank you guys for the pics or the laughs...both were awesome, but we need more. :elkgrin:

Thanks!

:tent:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne