DIY Trailer / Roof Top Tent

compactcamping

Explorer
Yes c-room footprint would be 56" wide x ~7' long. 4" mattress would be tight, would depend if it compresses a little when closed. The hinges are design so there is extra space for Summer weigh sleeping bags with a 3" mattress.

reran

Mayne, Not ready to start prototyping for a bit, but would extending the door end out at a 30-45 degrees, adding 3-4' to the changing room footprint and moving the door to the side met your needs?

Is the extended changing room now an option? Also, maybe I missed it but does the changing room have a built in floor? Thanks!

Leland

compactcamping

Explorer
Leland, Doing an extended changing room is still on the list, although unsure about schedule at this time. The changing rooms are designed without a floor.

reran

Scott, I imagine it shouldn't be too much of an issue to sew on a floor... would it? Would you be able to provide some good water proof material for a DIY install? Thanks. Leland

Faramir66103

I'd be very interested in a larger changing room. We are now raising my 13 year old niece, so all of my plans for a two person expedition rig are now having to expand. The MOAB was right at the top of the list, but as it is, it's not big enough for three. If I could put a camp cot in a large changing room, it'd solve this problem for me.

Cheers,
Adam

compactcamping

Explorer
Adam, Thanks for the feedback, it is always good to know what people are thinking and get the pulse of how many people like possible new ideas. Right now other projects are consuming most of my time. It might be a while before I have time to look at a larger changing room.

compactcamping

Explorer
Here are examples of setting a MOAB up to open over the side or front.

em2.jpg

tom1.jpg

Vantage

Adventurer
Just found this thread. Great looking tent that is exactly what I was looking for.

A way to be inside a thick walled tent with room to change. I can easily keep a portable heater and my bags on the ground instead of in my truck. Next week I am going to get my trailer design finalized and hopefully I can grab a tent for mockup!

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
I've been admiring this one for quite a while. I think it would work well on our trailer but, like a few others have said, a larger changing room would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles